Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone has real work dyno numbers with the 11r series of heads from trick flow on their 351/357w. I’m curious to see what the car is gonna put down once it’s back from paint and I get the drivetrain stuffed in it. Combo is:

stock block 351w (.030 over)
Stock length forged scat h beam rods
Kb hyper pistons

cam: hydraulic roller
duration 23x, 24x @50 lift .6xx .6xx 114 Lsa

Tfs 11r 205 heads with 1.6 rr
Tfs r series carb intake converted to efi
Holley 1000cfm tb
42lb hr injectors (might go more)
10.3:1 compression
1 3/4 lt headers

expecting to spin it over 6500

anyone have good numbers with these heads?

·
Registered
1989 GT
929 Posts
That’s about where I expect. I was hoping around the 450 mark
Your LSA on NA would have been better around 112. You also could have run a bit more compression.

make sure you are using a windage tray

That 450 is probably optimistic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your LSA on NA would have been better around 112. You also could have run a bit more compression.

In the cam sheet I emphasized being able to run power steering and brakes, I’m assuming the 114 lsa was to compensate for the vacuum requirements however I’m far from a cam expert.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I would have to agree with STANGDAWG on his post - are you giving up cylinder pressure just to run accessories that need vacuum ? Fine edged sword there - your call no doubt but each of us has a different view on what is "street-able" - best of luck with your build !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have to agree with STANGDAWG on his post - are you giving up cylinder pressure just to run accessories that need vacuum ? Fine edged sword there - your call no doubt but each of us has a different view on what is "street-able" - best of luck with your build !
It’s gonna be a 100% street driven daily driver haha, power brakes, ac, and power steering are a must!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
You definitely could’ve kept a tighter lsa while maintaining good vacuum for accessories. Sometimes it’s better err on the safe side though.

If the exhaust system is good, 420+ is doable.

Reactions: Cclaro

·
Registered
101 Posts
My engine is very close, 347 with AFR 195’s . CAM is also close spec wise but I have a tad less duration and a little more lift with a 112 LSA. I made 387hp/403t rear wheel all in by 6000 rpm. You will build good cylinder pressure down low due to your small overlap. Spinning to 6500 won’t make much difference, It’s a really good street combo and should be fun to drive.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You definitely could’ve kept a tighter lsa while maintaining good vacuum for accessories. Sometimes it’s better err on the safe side though.

If the exhaust system is good, 420+ is doable.
Any recommendations on a decent set of mufflers?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My engine is very close, 347 with AFR 195’s . CAM is also close spec wise but I have a tad less duration and a little more lift with a 112 LSA. I made 387hp/403t rear wheel all in by 6000 rpm. You will build good cylinder pressure down low due to your small overlap. Spinning to 6500 won’t make much difference, It’s a really good street combo and should be fun to drive.
What intake are you running? Exhaust set up?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Would using a .027 head gasket to bump up compression to around 10.3:1 be worth anything?

·
Registered
101 Posts
What intake are you running? Exhaust set up?
I’m running 1 3/4 shortly headers with 3” connector ( chopped off the ball joint) that transitions to a 2.5” H pipe and 2.5” all the way back. Intake is RPM II with a little work done to the lower. I also run a 70mm Accufab TB and 36lb injectors. Static compression is 9.8, dynamic is 8. Tuned with Holley Terminator X.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’m running 1 3/4 shortly headers with 3” connector ( chopped off the ball joint) that transitions to a 2.5” H pipe and 2.5” all the way back. Intake is RPM II with a little work done to the lower. I also run a 70mm Accufab TB and 36lb injectors. Static compression is 9.8, dynamic is 8. Tuned with Holley Terminator X.
How was the install on the terminator? Are you running ac by any chance with it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
How was the install on the terminator? Are you running ac by any chance with it?
Holley install was straight forward, lot of info out there on installation. I do run A/C and power steering, although I run an updated compressor that only eats ~ 5hp and is good to 6000 rpm. FYI I also run a modified automatic with a 3000rpm converter. Last, my engine was balanced at a bob weight of ~ 1550 grams so the light weight stuff made a difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was wondering if anyone has real work dyno numbers with the 11r series of heads from trick flow on their 351/357w. I’m curious to see what the car is gonna put down once it’s back from paint and I get the drivetrain stuffed in it. Combo is:

stock block 351w (.030 over)
Stock length forged scat h beam rods
Kb hyper pistons

cam: hydraulic roller
duration 231, 241 @50 lift .600 .600 114 Lsa

Tfs 11r 205 heads with 1.6 rr
Tfs r series carb intake converted to efi
Holley 1000cfm tb
42lb hr injectors (might go more)
10:1 compression
1 3/4 lt headers

expecting to spin it over 6500

anyone have good numbers with these heads?
It’s gonna be sent through a t56 mag as well^^

1 - 20 of 51 Posts