Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The motor finally got back from the machine shop since the covid had them shut down for a good month. Ordered the bearings through summit and had them in 2 days.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Then after a thorough cleaning I was able to get the main bearings in, plasti- gauged at .0016 on all 5, then torqued down. There was like. 0045 on the crank endplay.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I also was able to gut the interior and remove the nasty old electrical tape that was wrapping all the wires. I also removed the computer and all the 5.0 wiring. Depinned and repinned some plugs to help organize. Does anybody know where to get replacement plugs?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Have you made any progress on this project since the summer?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I did end up getting the car running and driving. I've been trying to get the 500 miles of break in done before ripping it too hard. But from what I can tell she moves along pretty well.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Over the winter im going to put the interior together and other odd and ends. My current issue is that the brakes won't lock up. Everything is new, the brakes are touchy as soon as you touch the pedal but cannot lock up.
When I first drove the car the used pbr calipers would not release and got good and hot so I'm wondering if I glazed the stop tech rotors or the hawk pads?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts