Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the most you have ever heard of for the 2.3 turbo to make, i was thinking about doing a crazy 2.3 build but cant seem to find any info on it

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Well if you had lots and lots of money, you could get a talldeck block and a stroker kit, an esslinger race head, run about 30+ psi of boost and some nitrous, and i think you might be able to do it.....

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ant way to do it with 5 k

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Huber just went 8.9 in his street 2.3..he is the first street 4cy RWD car to hit the 8's

a GT35R, Essy d-port, Essy 2277 cam, nice size IC, 3" open exhaust, Stinger header will get you thier without touching the bottom end with a good tune

Rods(and bolts) are the weakest link followed by the pistons..crank and block will take pretty much anything you can throw @ it

the only motor that impresses me more is that 2.4-2.8 4cly Toyota Tacoma pickup motor from a couple years ago..crank and block are holding 1000hp with rods and pistons..not saying the 2.3 cant do that but the Toy motor is lighter, smaller, more displacement and is a simple DOHC

·
Registered
396 Posts
the only motor that impresses me more is that 2.4-2.8 4cly Toyota Tacoma pickup motor from a couple years ago..crank and block are holding 1000hp with rods and pistons..not saying the 2.3 cant do that but the Toy motor is lighter, smaller, more displacement and is a simple DOHC
Now that's a really interesting tidbit...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
who sells these heads

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is essy the whole brand name cant find them anywere

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try esslinger engineering

whats the most you have ever heard of for the 2.3 turbo to make, i was thinking about doing a crazy 2.3 build but cant seem to find any info on it
I spoke with esslinger engineering, and was told that they can get about 1,000 hp. You can look them up on the web.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
no way to do it with 5k, look closer to 10k. I would bet that John Huber has close to 15 in his engine

·
Registered
57 Posts
just the head and cam is gonna run about 2500.00 plus all the stuff for the chassis fuel system cage rear end wheels electronics about 30g sounds about right if you do most of the work your self.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The real question is, why do you want that much power? Im probably making just under 300 at the flywheel, in an 87 Turbo Coupe, and not a whole lot of cars with just bolt ons can outrun me, 600 horspower would be enough to kill yourself easily.

400 to the wheels would probably be enough to scare you.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts