Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Makes no difference whether the Weiand is made overseas or here. They turn out well, and it’s not like they have any moving or wearable parts.

Trickflow, afr(their cnc offerings), brodix, and dart all make USA cast and machined heads.
Thanks. I'm trying to only have to buy a intake manifold one time.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ok, you say you aren’t racing, and it’s a cruiser. Why not just stick to a stock explorer. It’s cheap and good for 300+ wrhp with the right heads. You really can’t go too wrong with it. Have it Tmossed’d if you go with some nice heads.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok, you say you aren’t racing, and it’s a cruiser. Why not just stick to a stock explorer. It’s cheap and good for 300+ wrhp with the right heads. You really can’t go too wrong with it. Have it Tmossed’d if you go with some nice heads.
That be the perfect solution. And still use a custom FTI cam

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Sure the Weiand is more than adequate, but I can tell you based on experience the edelbrock performer rpm airgap has the best fuel distribution out of the box.

·
Registered
320 Posts
That be the perfect solution. And still use a custom FTI cam
Sounds reasonable to me. My initial setup was a stock fox 5.0. My current build is a stock shortblock rebuild with Tmoss’d Explorer, FTI cam and AFR165’s. Just waiting for heads that are backordered for a couple more weeks. Should be potent enough for a 2400lb car.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Idk how well that would work with his carburetor lol.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Right.....never mind. lol.

·
Old timer
6,107 Posts
My only gripe with the Weiand intake is that its Chinese. That's not a bad thing persay but it just rubs me wrong to buy a Chinese part when there are US made options like the Edelbrock. Both manifolds are more than adequate but the Edelbrock is a slightly better design and quality piece IMO. The stock Ford 289/302 4bbl intake is quite different and mediocre in design than both other intakes.
Well...

If Edelbrock can actually deliver it would be great. My last 302 Air-Gap is sold. Being told "mid-April" for my next restocking order of intakes. That's a hell of a lot of my restocking inventory is now on back order. The 8.2 deck, 9.5 deck and even 460 big block manifolds are on the list too. So it's AFR, Brodix, Dart, Holley or Weiand.

The entire machining facility of Edelbrock is moving out of the communist state of KKKalifornia.

Reactions: tmoss

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well...

If Edelbrock can actually deliver it would be great. My last 302 Air-Gap is sold. Being told "mid-April" for my next restocking order of intakes. That's a hell of a lot of my restocking inventory is now on back order. The 8.2 deck, 9.5 deck and even 460 big block manifolds are on the list too. So it's AFR, Brodix, Dart, Holley or Weiand.

The entire machining facility of Edelbrock is moving out of the communist state of KKKalifornia.
Ed, I'm wanting to wake up the 289. What would a custom grind cam cost me? You come highly recommended, the car is a daily driver that will have p/b, a/c. I'd like to have great throttle response and acceleration. If I need a 10.0:1 cr or so that's fine. What heads you recommend? I'm thinking of either a edelbrock performer rpm or a rpm air gap.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Whatever you get, springs will have to be matched up to the cam. The E streets are sprung for a flat tappet. If you’re getting a cam from Ed, ask him about heads too. He’ll set you up with a proper combination of cam, heads, springs and rockers.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Whatever you get, springs will have to be matched up to the cam. The E streets are sprung for a flat tappet. If you’re getting a cam from Ed, ask him about heads too. He’ll set you up with a proper combination of cam, heads, springs and rockers.
Awesome 🚘

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Yeah, the e street heads have valve springs I wouldn’t even want to run with a flat tappet cam.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Edelbrock moving to Tennessee?

First I've heard of it. I'd like to know more, since I ain't too far from the Tennessee line

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yeah, the e street heads have valve springs I wouldn’t even want to run with a flat tappet cam.
No what cylinder heads that people run, they should never run the springs that come on the cylinder heads they buy. I don't know if the e heads are available bare or not.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
No what cylinder heads that people run, they should never run the springs that come on the cylinder heads they buy. I don't know if the e heads are available bare or not.
There are heads that do indeed come with good valve springs.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Most of the newer AFR sbf stuff comes with PAC springs, so i would say that theory is incorrect.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts