Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually stick with Ford injectors though found a good deal on some 30lb Siemens injectors. My question is companies to trust or companies selling a good product. Such like Ford, Bosh, Accel, Siemens, etc. is one better then the other?

What injector company would or do you trust that makes a good product?

Would you trust using remanufactured injectors?

·
Registered
23,051 Posts
brand new genuine siemen deka, injector dynamics, are well respected within in the tuning world

stay away from any 'ggod deal' siemans, most likely knock offs

buy new and expensive ones from a reputable company

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
You really can’t go wrong with Siemens deka

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Everybody said Holley injectors suck. I saw a set for $130 discount on Ebay, so I bought them. I swapped my Ford Green Top 42# injectors for a set of Holley 48# injectors (522-488) and they work as good or better than the Ford injectors. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Everybody said Holley injectors suck. I saw a set for $130 discount on Ebay, so I bought them. I swapped my Ford Green Top 42# injectors for a set of Holley 48# injectors (522-488) and they work as good or better than the Ford injectors. Go figure.
I’ve never heard anybody say the Holley injectors suck, Not that I don’t believe you. I believe Lucas makes the Holley, trickflow, and accel injectors.

I had good luck with my trickflow 44lb up until I moved on to 80s. I think people can’t tune their injector slopes correctly and blame the injector.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
It's my understanding that several well known companies are selling knockoffs as genuine! That tells me you can't trust anyone anymore. I have had first hand experience with knockoffs (I bought them knowingly as knockoff) having one injector fail, washed the cylinder down and destroyed the engine. That said, with my limited experience, Power Adder Solutions is the only place I know of that is offering genuine Siemens-Deka injectors. There may be others but that's the only place that I know of. Not the cheapest place, but at least you know what you're getting.

Nowadays you have to be really careful. Used to you could go off of price, if a set of 80's were $380 they were likely genuine and the $150 set was junk, but now you can buy knockoffs at $370, the seller profits a bunch of money and the buyer gets duped. These seller have gotten really crafty!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Huh ok thanks for the information and heads up on injectors. Never knew some of this. I looked on PAS and the only 30lbers they had were Trick Flow. Now I know they make good heads it would stand to reason they make good injectors, no? I see Accel 30lbers all over the place just I feel they are more for distributors, spark plugs, and such so I'm trying not to purchase them. I see 30lb Bosch pop up from time to time.

I have some used Accel 47lbers I picked up in a used super charger I bought and never used them. Don't need them either, so I guess I'll sell them for cheap. My computer is tuned for 30lbers and want to get 30lbers.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Trick flow injectors are good. I’ve ran them.

·
Registered
23,051 Posts
. My computer is tuned for 30lbers and want to get 30lbers.
different injectors that flow that advertised rate, may have different slopes

so if you dont match with your ecm, just buying that flow rate may not turn out.

you still may have to retune

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ Thanks for this! I wasn't expecting to retune for just the injectors. When everything is installed it will be retuned though. So with this said If I found a low priced set of Ford 39lber EV6 injectors just get them anyways. Yes, I know I would need to get the adapters to the EV1 if I do this.

·
Registered
23,051 Posts
best option

buy new genuine 80 or 60 seimen deka, 80 is preferable.

buy once

·
USAF retired
9,079 Posts
Pro-M sells good injectors too, plus have some of the tuning info on their page, although I haven't used it so can't vouch for how well that info works

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pro-M ok I'll look at them too.

I'm guessing that its ok to install a bigger injector size if the computer / tune is set for a lower injector size. Would this be right? Seeing the computer / tune will only allow so much fuel and air.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The biggest thing to consider is this: don’t buy any set of injectors unless you or your tuner can find known data for them. And yes, you’ll likely have to retune no matter what injector you use. Because as stated above, the slopes, breakpoint, voltage offsets, rail temp modifiers, etc. are different on every injector. Some injectors are also “rated” at different fuel pressures, so you have to be aware of that. To be honest. If you’re needing less than 60 lb injectors, just go with the ford racing stuff. They aren’t stupid expensive. They are very reliable. And ford publishes the calibration sheets for them. As an example, I put a set of ford LU47 (47 pound) injectors on my bone stock 89 saleen. Was going to add a supercharger later, but needed to get the file system done first. I went into the tune and plugged in the published data, set the fuel pressure, and left the rear of the tune same as bone stock. The fuel was within 3-4% pretty much across the board. Talk about easy!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Now if you need to get into some bigger injectors, look at Siemens Deka, Fuel Injector Clinic, or Injector Dynamics. Siemens are tried and true (as long as you don’t get knockoffs) and aren’t crazy expensive either. And the FIC and ID stuff all has published worksheets. There excel files even let you change fuel pressure and it recalculated all the data you need. Very convenient stuff. At the end of the day, the provided data is never perfect. Still requires a tune. But you’ll get a MUCH better end result if you have decent data to start with. And your tuner will thank you. Lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont believe I will go all out with a supercharger or turbo. If and that's IF I ever do I'll only be doing 6psi of boost. I'll stick with the tried n true Ford injectors and go with the 39lb'ers then. Found a new set of 39lb'ers with the EV1 to EV6 adapters.

·
USAF retired
9,079 Posts
Pro-M ok I'll look at them too.

I'm guessing that its ok to install a bigger injector size if the computer / tune is set for a lower injector size. Would this be right? Seeing the computer / tune will only allow so much fuel and air.
It'll run rich, ideally a meter already calibrated for the injector size will let you run it without too many bad behaviors until you can tune it or get it tuned.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts