Ford Mustang Forums banner
9161 - 9170 of 9170 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-0 yes I did drop the wrench, twice, on my knee, but otherwise just sore shoulders and hands. I'm guessing the new Z06 will accelerate so quickly from 0-60 that you won't miss the blower and the handling will be amazing with the mid-engine set-up. If they can just fix that ugly ass end on them, it will be even better.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'm guessing the new Z06 will accelerate so quickly from 0-60 that you won't miss the blower and the handling will be amazing with the mid-engine set-up.
Would be hard to give up 150+ horsepower though. But I guess if the performance and feel are there, who cares what the dyno says,...right?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Would be hard to give up 150+ horsepower though. But I guess if the performance and feel are there, who cares what the dyno says,...right?
My GTR is only in the 680hp range but feels so much faster than anything else I've ever owned. A car that is balanced and can put the power down while still being fun to drive is the key for me. Plus I've gotten to the point that I like the exclusivity of the GTR. When the new vettes come out there won't be very many on the road, so it will feel exclusive as well.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good morning all.

Might head out to Raceway Park tonight if I can get my work done in time.

·
Registered
432 Posts
While watching spectator drags at the freedom factory on YouTube. A c7 zr1 was paired with current c8. The c8 was even on outside of oval. The c8 put down power in launch and in corners. The zr1 one do to straight line speed. The zr1 even took down a p series Tesla.

Steve going automatic double clutch and n/a, wonder if it comes with the optional Buick badge. What is next a convertible,

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good afternoon all.

I did make it to the track, but it was like racing on glass. I've never seen a more slippery track than last night. Everyone was spinning. With the launch control I could not get it to stop spinning in 1st, so it would bog badly and then take off like a missile. Only got one good run in out of about 8 runs and that was the only run in the 10's. I actually think all of the weight reduction I did from when it ran a 10.5 @ 135mph last year, hurt it last night. I kept lowering the launch rpm with the launch control but it didn't matter, it just spun in 1st. I've probably dropped over 200 lbs. from her since last year, and coupled with a really crappy track seemed to be a real hinderance. It would blast off the line, spin, bog badly, and then take off. I ran down everyone I raced but it could not have looked good. I'm sure people thought I was racing with traction control on, but I was not. Really frustrating, but at least nothing broke.

·
Registered
824 Posts
What the hell Z?!?!?!? Damn car is 4-wheel drive! My little sister could cut a decent 60ft with your car! Hell, even Larry could cut a decent 60ft in your car!!

Your man card is revoked for 3 months.

Sorry, 'dems da rules.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good morning all.

I think a lot of guys lost their man cards on Wednesday. She was hooking up so much better on the street when I left the track it was insane. I know ORP doesn't want people breaking stuff on test & tune night, but I might not ever go back if it's going to be that much worse than hooking up on the street.

9161 - 9170 of 9170 Posts