Ford Mustang Forums banner
9141 - 9160 of 9170 Posts

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good morning everyone!

We are all getting old because we all complain about working on the cars. LOL!!!

Chris - your issues are why I paid good money for my kit. I didnt want issues and headaches with simple maintenance items as well as wanting years of reliability with the kit.

Last baseball tournament this coming weekend and then football starts Monday. I need to get ready for SCT, so may have to cloan myself or something.

LT

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good morning all.

Going to help Alec get the new exhaust on his mustang this evening. Exhaust work with a lift is as involved as I want to be anymore with wrenching.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I dont know what to do, I was talking to someone I met out here. He said before disassemble try selling and see what someone offers. I said the tire kicker list will be long. He calls me later and said his dad can consign it thru his dealership. Going to talk to his dad this weekend. His dad specializes in high end cars. I assume we have agreed value of what I want and profits above that. My only stipulation would be I don't see leaving it there unless their insurance covers damage. If I did, I am going to buy a tracker that installs in obd port and another hidden in trunk. With his network there might be a reseller for it.

Other option is remove turbo and as many and put close to stock back together and sell it to carmax.

This seems drastic, but spoke to wife and she said maybe it's time you get your dream car. Your commute is only 10 minutes. Your not in an rush, just wait till the right one comes along.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sell it all. You're clearly too old to own a high performance, modified, tire roasting machine. It happens. Good thing is you are also past the minivan stage of life, so you can settle down in a nice, plush, luxurious 2019 Buick LaCrosse Avenir and let the world melt away around you.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-0 bringing the heat as usual.

Chris if getting the car ready for a tune was bad, then taking it all off will be worse. I know with my KB install there was so much stuff I had to cut/modify that there was no way I was going to take the time to return it to stock. Just a big PITA. You'd get more by returning to stock and selling off the kit, but do you want the headache and body aches too?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am thinking a plush Porsche, only Buick I am buying is a 80's GNX or 70's GSX

Reactions: Venomous1

·
Registered
432 Posts
But you are correct brian, taking it apart is not the way to go. Cause I would have to buy a tune, fuel injectors, some other odds and ends which will lower the benefit of selling the parts coming off.

I think a am going to take my best potato phone shots, do a craigslist and fb, submit it to the fb 500 hp classifieds group.

Basically I need a check in the bank cleared prior to handing over the car and title correct.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Basically I need a check in the bank cleared prior to handing over the car and title correct.
Certified check (NOT a cashiers check) or cash only in my opinion. No personal checks, no cashiers checks (cashiers checks can be forged), no western union money transfers, no paypal, no other electronic version of payment. But I am old school and love the smell of old, sticky, stinky, dont know where it's been, cash.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I don't have brian money or Steve's wifes money. Probably 6 year old Carrera S rwd manual. Possibly a drop top so the hair have left can blow in the wind.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I don't have brian money or Steve's wifes money. Probably 6 year old Carrera S rwd manual. Possibly a drop top so the hair have left can blow in the wind.
But you don't have kids, so that means you are rich! Once all my kids moved out it was a miracle, I actually had extra money that had been gobbled up all these years.

Oh and another reason to hate wrenching on cars, while Alec's car was on the lift I was trying to break an exhaust bolt from the header/downpipe connection and the wrench slipped off an hit me square in the eye. It hurt like a mothertrucker!!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good morning all.

Yes day two of rusted exhaust removal resulted in heavy wrench landing on my knee. So now something as simple as a full exhaust is too much for me, but it is coming along and should be done tonight.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes day two of rusted exhaust removal resulted in heavy wrench landing on my knee. So now something as simple as a full exhaust is too much for me, but it is coming along and should be done tonight.
Sounds like you need a reciprocating saw with some metal blades Brian. Just cut the old stuff off and not worry about the bolts.

But I feel your pain...I pulled the t5 out of my car yesterday on my own. I had my wife raise and lower the jack, but it was still a PITA.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-0 when it comes to wrenching on cars, I always get my ass kicked.

When I took the old midpipe off his ecoboost mustang the nuts wouldn't come off the studs, rather the studs screw into the header and the entire stud with the nut came out of the header. So I'm soaking the studs in PB Blaster hoping that I can get the nuts off. Such a pita for something that should be so easy.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good morning all.

Got the exhaust done finally and it sounds good. It's an ecoboost so it's not going to sound like a v-8, but it does sound a lot better than a ricey fart can.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Well bummer. Seems the new C8 Z06 will be a high revving, naturally aspirated, DOHC flat-plane crank V-8 in the low 600HP range. I am addicted to the insanely high torque at insanely low rpm's of my current PD blower setup. Not sure I would enjoy a high revving naturally aspirated V-8. But then again, maybe I shouldn't be too quick to judge. Probably will have to wait a year plus to see.

9141 - 9160 of 9170 Posts