Ford Mustang Forums banner
9121 - 9140 of 9170 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Look at the bright side Z - if your legal career goes sideways, you can always be a skid steer operator. You have plenty of experience! :)

5lb bass - is that a big bass?
Like most things I do, I'd starve if I had to make a living off of it.

And, yes, a 5 lb bass is a nice one. Bigger ones have been caught in our pond, but that's still pretty good, and for the guy who caught it, it was the largest fish he's ever caught, so he was excited.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Sounds like everyone has had a great 4th. I have not watched Steve's video yet, but I expect nothing less than professional production! LOL!!!

We spent 5 days in Ohio at Cedar Point playing baseball and riding coasters. Baseball was rough, as we stepped up into a division we were not completely ready for, but the coasters were awesome. Both boys are coaster junkies and loved it. I have to say Millennium Force was the best overall coaster, in my opinion, but Top Thrill Dragster was an absolute rush!!! 0-120 in 3.8 and climb to 420-ft high. I was crazy!!!

LT

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good late morning all.

Looks like our male goat, Stripes is going to die today. He's got a virus that vets are seeing a lot right now due to the heat and humidity and it's often fatal. Could take him to Purdue animal hospital, but I'm not spending $3k on a goat that is probably not going to survive. Just sucks because we've had him since he was very little and kind of grew up with my grandson, who is the one that named him Stripes.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Got as much e85 out as I was comfortable on driving. Back on 93, put 5 gallons in. Its reading e25. Should be ok to base tune on.

Ordered all my maintenance and most showed up except my 2 day air plug wires. Ups says they delivered, but they did not. Even check the normal lost mail homes stuff goes to. Called summit and they overnight some more by fedex, hopefully they make it.

Getting rid of the extra long wires that were supposed to help with less heat, but don't see benefit, going back to stock shortys that have higher heat protection and titanium boot protectors. Also will make engine compartment more clean.

Tuner recommends I swap out the NGK iridium's for copper. Doing that also. Tomorrow I need to get a shop to just expand some pipe so it will slip fit and make.my muff deletes

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wires showed up 2nd set, then this evening someone dropped a box off which was the 1st set.

Was hoping to get more done tonight, but had to go to 3 auto parts stores to get everything I needed.

Tomorrow after work going to muffler shop to get some stainless pipe expanded for muffler deletes

Hope to get exhaust off tomorrow, then back on friday. Saturday do plugs and oil change.

I am going to have to wait till another time to redo midpipe

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Morning all.

Sounds like you've been busy Chris.

Not looking forward to going home from work today. Stripes was still alive this morning which means if he's still hanging on then I have to put him out of his misery, and that will be incredibly hard.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Steve - your show looked awesome. Loved the Joe Dirt bit at the beginning.

Got some more work done on my car. IRS build is moving along, just received my new ring, pinion, and bearing kit for the center section. So I need to drop that off at my buddies house to rebuild. Another friend is dropping off his engine hoist today so that I can pull out the stock block. The QuickJacks that I bought have made working under this car so much easier, and give me more piece of mind than just having jack stands holding it up.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good afternoon!

Chris - that sounds like work to me. I have yet to put the brakes on the car that I have had a few weeks. I better find time since SCT is only 2 weeks away.

Steve - you definitely need to go hit the coasters. We had a great time.

Brian - that really is tough. For your sake and Stripes, I hope he goes quickly and peacefully during the day.

Matt - Stopped in Markle on our way home Monday morning and at the Markle Pancake House. It was good!

LT

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well Elsa is screwing up my plans, the 3 places that can expand 3" stainless, (std muff shop max is 2.75.) All are closing early do to storm, possibly

Other option is buttjoint band clamps , which I think I am going to order from the jungle.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Matt - Stopped in Markle on our way home Monday morning and at the Markle Pancake House. It was good!
I've never been to that restaurant, but growing up I use to go that building, when it was a different restaurant, every Saturday with my dad. He and his friends were there so often that they had their own table the was back in the kitchen area.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I sprayed all the exhaust fasteners to soak, friggin steve driving it on those indiana salt roads.

I took the long plug wires off and then started dreading the spark plugs that are behind the forward header and turbo down pipe and steering column. I started with front and worked my way back to rear, each required it's own separate combo of wrenches or ratchets. Otherside was easy since it's all accessible from bottom. (I miss my race deck, sliding/crab walking on my back under car was not fun. ) I see more racedeck in my future.

But I have the fun of fiberglass in my hands working around the wrap.

Took a couple aleves for night night.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good morning all.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good morning all.

Dug ditches all weekend trying to fix some of the waterflow on the property. Had started the work with the skid-steer but my client needed it back so had to finish by hand. Man am I sore. But got a lot of good stuff done to eliminate a lot of standing water.

Alec come back today from Mexico so it will be good to have him back for a while. For his birthday I got him a full exhaust system for his ecoboost mustang so that he and I can install it together.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well my plans are taking a turn. This spark plug swap is not fun. I installed the left bank before downpipe and a loose header when I did the turbo Install last year. There is no way in heck to get the number 1 and 2 in. Out was a pain enough. I tried different ways for almost 3 hours Saturday. I was done, worn out from heat and frustration

Sunday my neck and back were sore, plus my arms from the fiberglass wrap rug burns.

To disassemble the downpipe, I have to pull the inner fender well, unwrap the turbo blanket, disconnect the wastegate connection, the down pipe. Also remove exhaust system. I realized I left my hydraulic jack in indy. I don't have time to disassemble and reassemble by Wednesday night. Because to take Thursday off I have to make up time since I don't have enough vacation time. I am working 3 hours extra each day.

If I had a couple weekends I could of done it, but I don't.

If this the future if doing maintenance on this, not sure I want to. But I love driving the car.

I decided to pull the turbo kit. Install longtubes, then get a n/a 93/e85 tune. Just leave the boost a pump on there. I have all my n/a takeoff. The turbo cam will work n/a.

I realized this weekend, that it's not enjoyable anymore. I think I would rather sell the kit and buy a jet-ski, then daily the Camaro, since it's a 10 minute drive

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Getting old sucks, Chris. After I did the KB install on the mustang I said I was done with anymore major car projects. Plus, I suck at playing mechanic and my garage is not well lit, heated or cooled and would cost a lot to add decent lighting, a/c and heat. I really, really want to pick up an LS swapped RX-7, but I'm reluctant to buy anything I might need to do any significant wrenching on. Like you said, it's just not fun anymore.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Plus the laws around scare the hell out of me. 20 over is wreckless driving, 25+ guaranteed 10 days in jail. The car boards here are filled with people needing a lawyer. There are closed actual highway areas that go from 60 mph to 45 mph zones and it's not surface streets. Tunnels are 35 connected to interstates that are 60. They make a ton on tourist

·
Registered
432 Posts
The used car market is nuts right now. I had a couple saved on cars.com last month. I got noticed they were still available, but for $10k more. So I checked what 2016 GT350 were selling for. The problem child of gt350 with no trans coolers. In may you could get on in high 30's, low 40's. They are mid 50's, when new car supply returns the depreciation value on these are going to tank, people will be upside down or carrying over additional debt for years.

Strangely quite a few GTR's 2010's in the 50's. :D, not those glass trans 2009.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Strangely quite a few GTR's 2010's in the 50's. :D, not those glass trans 2009.
If you can find a low mileage 2010 GTR in the 50's you should buy it immediately. The market for those is insane right now. I paid $55k for mine and I think I could sell it for $80k. No joke. I'm on several GTR sites and the money people are asking and getting for them is crazy.

9121 - 9140 of 9170 Posts