Ford Mustang Forums banner

9001 - 9020 of 9073 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
My neighborhood held a car show and craft fair. Did that in morning, then drove over to Norfolk Naval Base to fill camaro up on e85. All the pumps 12 , except one pump of E85 was working. A line of 4 boosted cars getting fuel. Then all of a sudden station is packed with people confused how pumps are closed and we are pumping fuel.

Left there down airport road which patrol by navy and they don't patrol it. So it's like the autobahn for 2 miles. Did a 1,2,3,4 hit from a 10 mph roll.

You gotta be smart around here 20+ over is a minimum of 10 days in jail. Radar detectors are outlawed.

On way home waited for a squirrel to zoom by and radar detector was quiet. A new 5.0 had a bad day at a 50 mph roll it was over going into 4th. It was like over in a seconded.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Good morning all.

Larry that's an impressive stable for sure. Glad she likes the new whip. And yes, you need to get Maized out and act like an irresponsible cave man, like you know, Stev-0.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Good morning all.

We all are striving for that Stev-0.

Put some 93 in the GTR today. From what I've read as long as you run a tank of 93 through every other month and the car is driven regularly the E85 won't gum up the pumps on these cars. Hopefully I don't get any challengers down in Mexico while I'm on the 93.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It would already be affected. Seals that swell in contact with e85 would already show signs. Lucky GM makes flexfuel cars and doesn't buy two types of materials for same seals. Next time buy a Chevy

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Whats up!?

Back from a few days in warm Alabama. We have both boys playing in baseball tournaments this week on opposite sides of town. Should be fun running all around in this heat. Going to take a vacation day tomorrow to do things I cant get done on the weekends. Sad! I know!

Chris - stop picking on N/A cars. Run a boosted coyote and see how it turns out!

LT

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Good morning all.

Needed a used tire for the 200k Pilot and there's a place on the near eastside that is cheap and quick. I can't recall the name but if anyone needs it I can look it up. Installed a used tire for $23 - a 16" SUV tire and it's a decent tire with no patches. Now I just need the starter to arrive so I can try and get the Pilot running again.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Going to be a road warrior tomorrow hope I can find some 93. I gotta go to Richmond to pick up some cars parts, then back down to Chesapeake to a drift shop for more parts.

Sunday we might be going to OBX if there is fuel out there

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Good morning all.

Holy cow I had forgotten how much better the gas mileage is in the GTR with 93 octane. I won't be running 93 very often, as the power difference with E85 is pretty dramatic, and it runs cooler so better for the turbos, but it seems like I get about half as many miles with E85. If I didn't daily it, it wouldn't matter, but I do on nice days anyway. Just wish more places carried E85. Meier is out of my way and the Speedway I go to is always crowded and inevitably someone is pumping regular gas out of the lone E85 pump so I have to wait.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Been reading about how e85 you need a larger downpipe diameter from the turbo for exhaust expansion for flow. Not 100% or 50% understanding why.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Tomorrow I need to become my inner Frank Ross, got some wheeling and dealing to do. Then tomorrow night hit the suds style car hang if suds was on a coastal parking lot.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Happy Monday!

Nice and hot baseball weekend with E's team getting the championship going 4-0 and Gage's team going 2-1. Of course, work sucks today, but that is expected for Mondays when vacation season starts.

I really need to get the Cobra rolling, but too much Dad stuff today. Eyeing the June 5th weekend, though!

Brian - I think E85 is about 40% less mileage for a performance car than 93, so your feeling of half is about right.

LT

·
Registered
409 Posts
Good news on camaro, talk to local mechanics who have modded cars. They said the inspection is just lights, broken exhaust, crack windows and they pull two wheels to check brakes. No emissions inspection.

But I need tires and get exhaust sorted before I get a inspection.

Then hunting for a tuner. Looks like I might have to buy hptuners and do remote tunes with a turbo lsx tuner.

Looks PTE1LE is back on. In the process I did buy some OEM z28 headers never used for $200. They sell used for $700. New for $1200. Might be able to get a grand

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Chris - that is good news.

Looks like cooler weather this weekend.

LT

9001 - 9020 of 9073 Posts