Ford Mustang Forums banner
8981 - 9000 of 9192 Posts

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good afternoon everyone!

It has been a long, stressful week and have to say I am ready for the weekend. Rachel will be graduating tomorrow, so that is a huge accomplishment and excitement for her.

Brian - I saw your post and we are praying for Alec.

LT

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good morning!

Well, Rachel officially has her Masters of Science in Nursing degree. The graduation parade was on Saturday to celebrate the graduation. I am extremely proud of her. Now, she needs to study for and pass her certification board. Then, find a new job and start reaping the benefits. May even do some car shopping this week or next.

LT

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Good morning all.

Larry I'm really happy for you and Rachel. That's very exciting!

Was a pretty chill weekend for me. Didn't do much and didn't get much done and that's okay.

·
Registered
830 Posts
So.....talk me down from the cliff..............

The used Corvette market is stupid right now (and I think the entire used car market is about the same). KBB private party value of my car right now is about 6% MORE than what I bought the car for brand new. And that is based on the car being stock. Sure mods are pennies on the dollar, but it increases the value a slight bit. The greedy, money miser in me says to sell the thing and make the profit (it's just a car,.....right?). The car guy in me says dont sell it as I really like it and not sure there is anything out there I would enjoy replacing it with. I am not certain I am in the mood, at my age, to be dealing with a used, "built" car,...unless some well renowned shop was standing behind the build and the sale. So that kind of limits me to a new vehicle, or at worst a very low mileage, 1 or 2 year old, VERY well documented used vehicle. And I am not sure I want a car payment (I own the vette) - not the end of the world, but I have grown to like not having a monthly car payment.

Ugh. I've never owned a car that appreciated in value after I bought it. This is new territory for me.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Steve - The whole used car market is high right now. We were just told yesterday that the trade value on Rachel's 2010 Fusion is $2000 more than it was a few months ago, so we are accelerating our look for a new vehicle for her in order to take advantage of it. However, it is a sell high, buy high situation, like housing. You may be able to get top dollar or even inflated amount for it but if you are going to replace it with something, you will be paying the same inflated value on the other car. Long story short...keep it!

LT

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-0 I keep having that exact same convo with myself. I've seen some really nice full build GTR's (1200-1600hp) in the $110k range, and right now I could de-mod my GTR, sell it for $70k all day long (I paid $55k), and get $15k-20k for the carbon fiber brakes, wheels, seats, etc.. The market is crazy right now. But I really enjoy this car and I've built it and modded to my tastes so I'll just sit on it. The worst thing about swapping rides on high $ car like ours (well yours is REALLY high $) is the sales tax. That 7% hit on a $100k car or more is real.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Good morning all.

Going to try and get the old reliable 2004 wrecked 3 times Honda Pilot running. She needs a new starter and of course the only way to access the starter is to remove a ton of stuff, and then you still need tiny Japanese hands to actually reach anything. Honda makes great long lasting stuff, but it's like they don't even think about what's involved to replace simple things like a starter. Of course I don't recall ever replacing the starter on this thing, which means the original has lasted over 200k miles!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Good points friends. I did determine one thing recently........Aventador SVJ's are still just a tad outside my price range......LOL!!

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good morning!

LT

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-0 I cannot see you in an Adventador, but if I do, I want a ride.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
TGIF!!!

Steve - I think you should go for it! The Adventador that is!

LT

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-0 the answer is yes! :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Went to check out a 2017 GT350 black with 9k miles. It was not well taken care of, the paint looks like it was washed with sandpaper. The carbon on the wheels looked like it's never been cleaned. Interior looked like a 8 year old mustang. It didn't add up. Did a car fax, 2 owner. 1st owner had it for 2k miles, then a small car lot bought it at auction and it took it to auction 2 years and 7k miles later. $57k, no thank you.

Went to a car event and many people said that all I need is a cat even aftermarket on exhaust. I think I am going to have a shop make a pipe I can swap in and out. Then get inspection to see what happens.

If it fails, I am going to swap back to N/a with long tubes and cats. Then keep it, probably sell brz. Use camaro as daily. Then locate something 25 years or older that has a lsx swap done already and install turbo.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Good morning all.

Good luck Chris. When I hear about stuff like that and what car guys go through in other states it does at least make me appreciate Indiana a little bit. Was planning to hit the cars and coffee Sunday but it was raining. I was surprised so many cars still went out there even with the rain.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Drove the piss out of my car Saturday. Burned some rubber, destroyed as much ozone as I could, broke several traffic laws, and royally pissed off quite a few drivers. Twas a good day. :giggle:

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good afternoon.

Busy weekend with baseball, yard work, etc.

Friday night picked up a new whip for Rachel. 2021 Explorer ST in white. The technology in that thing is crazy. She loves it and it hauls the mail! Now all three vehicles in the Thomas garage have twin turbos on them.

I really need some free time to get Maized out and go fast!

LT

8981 - 9000 of 9192 Posts