Ford Mustang Forums banner

8701 - 8720 of 8770 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Good morning all.

Chris I would just like a flat bottom steering wheel. Easier to get in and out of the car at my advanced age, and like the seats, the steering wheel is not befitting a so called super-car, in fact, it's probably the same steering wheel in an Altima.

Speaking of seats, they are in but as usual with me and cars, it was far more difficult than expected. For some reason I could not get the driver slider to work after I got the seat in. The slider worked fine outside of the car, but now it's bound up or something. So I need to figure that out. The passenger seat is fixed and I don't think I'll add a slider for that seat. I'll post up some pics but they look great.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The red steering wheel will match his new red n black leather GTR jacket.

The bind might be a torque sequence, also check bolt head clearance.

Could also be your bulking up, aka fat American ass. :D

I had PT this morning, made me feel better.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
356 Posts
So you got snow and soon more snow,

Brian's spoiler probably makes a great snowplow

Larry's trailer is testing its flat roof load bearing rating

Old man steve, is probably either
A: Using leftover weapon grade explosive powder to remove snow with remote control OR
B: Adding a propane afterburner to his miniature jet engine helicopter to do strafing runs over his driveway, but hasn't figured out how to keep the hose from the 20 gallon tank getting cut by the rotors

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Good morning everyone!

I hope my trailer can handle this! LOL!!!

LT

·
Registered
356 Posts
Do you have a driveway curb that feels like you need a jeep with articulation or feel like a balljoint is going to snap.

I ordered the basic and extra piece. Hoa approved too

"Bridjit Curb Ramps for Driveways and More!" Bridjit Curb Ramps for Driveways and More!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Good morning all.

I actually might need the single section of that bridjit for my driveway, where there was a cutout for the septic. I've tried patching it with concrete but it doesn't last. It looks like it would fit nicely there.

Wanted to get some work done outside this weekend, but with the temps we are getting I might put it off.

Garrett just moved out yesterday into a place with his buddy. We're pretty much empty nesters now. Hard to believe. I'm sure one or more of them will be back though.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Good morning all.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Morning Brian!

Trying to figure out the best way to get my car off the ground to remove the rear end, driveshaft, transmission, and whole front k-member and suspension. I have the Stiffler's Fit System, so I'm thinking I'll just use jack stands on the pinch weld support areas, but am open to other suggestions.

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you use jackstands, have another passive, redundant support as well (like concrete blocks). Jack stands can collapse or tip if the car is jarred around during disassembly.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree Steve, I don't like the idea of just using jack stands while being under the car and having to use lots of force to remove things that haven't been touched in 20+ years. I thought about buying some QuickJacks since I don't have room for a half-sized lift.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I used jackstands, just a bunch of them. Also when pull rearend worried about tipping. I would place jackstands up front just behind rad support on frame rails. Sometimes used rachet straps to secure car to jackstands.

I am buying a set of quikjacks, too old to jack car up anymore, if I had more headroom, I would buy the maxjax

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Good morning all.

I agree with Stev-0, I normally get some concrete blocks as well as the jack stands when I'm going to be underneath the car. I've not had to do that in a while thanks to my lift.

I really need to bite the bullet and have someone insulate and heat/cool my garage. I'd enjoy working out there more if I wasn't sweating/freezing my ass off.

Reactions: allbizns

·
Registered
356 Posts
This weekend I got to find cabinets for garage, order another toolbox that works as a bench too. My space is tight. We have this ceiling mounted storage thing, but it hangs too low. Scares me I am going to hit screw with my head. Going to move it, it's not mounted well and I need the space for shop.

Might hang it over car, 8' back from back wall and 7' up. Gives it 2' to store stuff.

This garage is shorter then my last.

In corner by door going to have a wash area with two pool water filters to clean water before hose. Also mounts on wall for car cleaning and was products

Led lights installed by electrician and a 240v for lift and mig/tig welder.

Going to hang a steel table with gold down legs from ceiling on pulleys. For a tig table

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Well I found a slightly used steering wheel with Alcantara that I got at a good price.

I will pair it with a carbon fiber center piece like this:

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Brian - that wheel should look nice.

Brady took #7 pretty easily! The TB defense was destroying the KC offense, particularly the line.

LT

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Good morning all.

I knew when I found out that both of KC's starting tackles were out for the game that unfortunately, TB was going to get the win. Their front four are too good and KC's offensive line was garbage. Mahomes was running for his life all game long. Not sure what the heck that half time show was, but I hadn't even heard of the singer until right before the game. Not sure what was worse, KC's O-line or the weekend.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Good morning!

Boys are on a 2-hr delay this morning.

LT

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Good morning all.

8701 - 8720 of 8770 Posts