Ford Mustang Forums banner

8461 - 8480 of 8510 Posts

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Trying to knock a ton of things out today so I can take tomorrow off to go racing, and closing on the refi for the house tonight. Went from a 30yr @ 4.375% to a 20yr @ 2.625% and our payment went up $100. It was an easy decision for us!

Ordered a new surround sound for the living room last night because of the sale on Prime Day. Hope it is a good as the reviews say it is. The Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2.4!

LT

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

I think Caleb is going to sell that white 1970 mustang that Chris and I drove to northern Indiana to pick up for him many, many years ago. The car survived his entire college stint in St. Augustine, but he hasn't driven it much at all. It's getting rust in the usual places now so I told him he needs to sell it, or keep it and address the rust. With a young family and a son he can't really afford to keep it. A shame because he really loved that car.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Morning guys!

Got my injectors flowed and then cleaned last night by a local guy that was recommended. They all flowed well before cleaning so that eliminates one possibility for having a dead cylinder. Next will be getting the car back together once I get the heads back from the machine shop and then do a leak down and compression check. Also going to check the ignition system. It could have possibly just been a loose plug wire...

·
Registered
686 Posts
Well State Farm flat out denied the Diminished Value Claim. Researching now to see if Illinois even recognizes auto diminished value claims. If they dont, I am SOL (accident happened in Illinois) and wont be able to sue the other guy.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Indiana recognizes diminished value and my suit should be on file soon against the shipping company, who's out of Houston. Will be interesting to see if they even bother to hire an attorney to defend.

I really hope Illinois recognizes diminished value, but if they don't, it's just another reason that state sucks so much.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow, from what I'm hearing, I'm glad that I don't have anything nice enough to worry about diminished value if something were to happen.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

Yes the refi rates right now are so good. Went ahead and did a 15 year mortgage so that it's paid off when I'm ready to retire (if I ever do).

Larry have fun at the track today. I've got too much going on to take time off right now. Planning this trip to Galapagos has been really intense. It is not an easy place to get to, but taking all the kids is making it much more challenging and expensive. Definitely a bucket list trip though so will hopefully be worth it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Picked the Z and it's got all its service done. I learned how long it takes to live in Greenwood to get to work. It takes 10 minutes longer and using 65, 465, and 74 too going 75 mph.

Wonder how Larry doing with cold temps, figure it's going to be sketchy 60 feet out to the 1/4.

I got my parts I wanted to install before winter. But my weekend is repairing a dryer pulley and belt. Finishing gutter screens,

When covid is over we need to do a group vacation somewhere.

·
Registered
135 Posts
When all this BS is over we need to meet-up for lunch again! It's been years....I think the last place we met for lunch was downtown at some Mexican place....

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

Client let me borrow his skid steer so that's what I did all weekend. I feel like I went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. That machine will beat you up.

Larry congrats on the times! Conditions seemed to be perfect for you and it sounds like with better traction you might get even better. I can't even imagine what it must be like to go that fast in the 1/4 mile and I'm sure I'll never know.

Matt I agree we need to all get together. It's been far too long.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Good morning everyone!

The track was tight to start, so I only got two good passes. I was shocked by the first pass as I was not leaving as hard as I have and the boost level was the same as last year. 8.36 @ 164. The second pass I turned the boost up to where we had it on the dyno recently and left the launch alone. I knew it was a good pass because everything was happening faster in the car. 8.11 @ 169. I did have a scary moment on that pass that really got in my head for the rest of the day. Just before the finish the hood popped up as if I pulled the hood release. I think the factory latch is at its limit, and I did not want the hood coming open during a pass. I did try turning the launch up to see if it would leave harder and get the 60' down, but the track was going away, so I aborted the day. I have some things I would like to try with the launch and maybe see if we can put more power in up top. We are really close to that 7 and I would love to get one more shot at it this year. Oh, and hood pins are already ordered!

I think a meet up and lunch is a great idea.

LT

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Gage is back to school today for the first time since having his tonsils out last week. I hope he does well. I know that he is still tired from not sleeping great and being woke up every 3-4 hours to take medicine.

Thanks Steve. Yeah, the hood popping up like that was an eye opener for me. I order the Aerocatch, so they should look a little better than the standard pins.

LT

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

Larry almost losing my hood would definitely get in my head!

Speaking of thrilling rides, can you imagine driving that SSC to 331 mph? Watching the video made my palms sweat.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Looks like we got one more nice day, I plan drive it to work and around the area to get the e85 used as much as I can. So I can switch to 93 for winter

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Good morning everyone!

I was hoping there would be a Wild Wednesday next week, but it looks like tonight it the last one. May have to head south in November and find a place to race and shoot for that 7 before season end and winter changes.

LT

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

Chris I'm doing the same with the GTR. Going to run 93 octane until I put her up for the winter. The gas mileage with the E85 is amazingly atrocious, but it definitely gives her a power boost.

So I've narrowed down the winter beater to an Audi S5, Audi RS5, BMW M235i, M240i or 440i - all with all wheel drive. From what my research has turned up the Audi's reliability is not as good as the BMW's in recent years. Found a M235i that is priced right out of Colorado that has Dinan upgrades that will be my likely choice. We have an oddly high used car market here in Indiana as most luxury/sport cars are priced thousands more than in other places.

8461 - 8480 of 8510 Posts