Ford Mustang Forums banner

8441 - 8460 of 8510 Posts

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Brian - Mine seems very stable and planned at the big end. It may be the suspension allowing it to sit on the rear better. I have considered a drag wing, though, to help with top end stability insurance.

Take the day off next Friday and lets for racing. Muncie has a Radial Prep TnT day on the 16th from 11-4. Gates open at 9.

LT

Reactions: Venomous1

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Brian - Mine seems very stable and planned at the big end. It may be the suspension allowing it to sit on the rear better. I have considered a drag wing, though, to help with top end stability insurance.

Take the day off next Friday and lets for racing. Muncie has a Radial Prep TnT day on the 16th from 11-4. Gates open at 9.

LT
Let me see if I can clear my calendar, but that sounds like a lot of fun and something I need to make happen.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Awd makes owners delusional about their safety, it will mask your short comings, but at high speed it's all going to act the same. Your wide front tires and toe settings on your alignment probably a factor. Since the rear toe alignment is set so the car can back up at 20 mph. If you adjusted your alignment with more toe in, I bet it would be stable over 200

·
Registered
309 Posts
I am putting off any track time till some suspension mods and final tune.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Good morning everyone and TGIF!!!

Well, the championship game was not great. Our team beat themselves with 9 false starts and 4 fumbles. It was 0-0 at half time but ended up losing 19-0. We tried to keep with the same plan we had all year of rotating our players. They went with the winning route and played only half of their team until the last 3 mins of the game.

LT

·
Registered
309 Posts
Took the car out to tap off tank for rally , e85 goes quick and put air in tires. Those cold mornings really effect the psi. Drove around a little, colder temps more power and less traction. 3-4 lbs and its scratching for a 100 feet to gain traction.

I think these used 888 are so heat cycles from the former owner that they have no grip. Thinking of just replacing tires with firestone indy 500's. Then have a pair of 17x10 with a Mickey Thompson drag radial to throw on occasionally. Really don't want a bias ply wiggle, even though a stick turbo car needs it. I figure a 17" drag radial will be better then a 20"

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

Larry that's tough to take an L, but getting the kids all playing time is the right thing to do at that level. By doing that, you insure the kids will come back next year, and that's what's important at that level (which you know). Too many coaches don't play kids enough and then wonder why we lose so many kids to soccer and other inferior sports.

Yes Chris the E85 doesn't last long at all. What's weird is the onboard computer claims my mpg is going up dramatically since I switched to E85, but the opposite is true. Not sure what's up with that.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Your more fuel efficient

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

Chris I don't understand what you mean by more fuel efficient? I'm getting far less mpg with E85 than with 93 octane, so the mpg calculator should be showing a decrease in mpg, but it's not. Just not sure how that works.

So Alec was in a wreck a year and a half ago in his 2006 v6 mustang, and as you'll recall, I bought a black 2012 mustang for $6800 for him with the proceeds since the other driver was at fault. It was high mileage and the seller was sketchy, but we got a great deal on it. Alec then sold that black mustang for $8000, and bought a 2013 blue v-6 mustang for $8500. Before leaving for Mexico, he sold that blue mustang for $12,000, and bought a 2015 ecoboost mustang for $12,000 in good shape overall. Unbelievable. So if you want to sell a car, call Alec. :) Kid started with a 180k mile 2006 mustang that I paid $4000 for, and less than 2 years later is driving a 2015 ecoboost. I drove it to work this morning while he's in Mexico. It's a far nicer car than I was driving at age 19.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sounds like he has some Frank ross dea in him

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Looks like the weather on Friday is going to be cool. If the track is holding, should see some good times.

LT

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

Larry do you have a link to Friday's event? Not sure yet if I can get away from work, but I might be able to get away.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Brian -

See if this works. It is from FB.

LT

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Working from Home today as Rachel is with Gage right now getting his tonsils and adenoids out. Also long as he is feeling well, I think I am going to go out to IRP tonight to watch and probably take Easton.

LT

·
Registered
135 Posts
Morning guys! Heads are off and at the machine shop getting checked over. Now deciding whether I want to spent more money right now since the engine bay is apart....electric fan, controller, air intake tubing.

Do you guys know of any reputable shop locally (Indy or up here) that does injector flowing/cleaning?

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
There are several that can do that. I am not sure if MAK up there can take care of it or not. Down here John Morgan and Corey James Ford can both do it. I ship mine to TN and have Nick Shortridge do it. I would start with MAK and see if they can do it.

LT

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

Got excited about planning a trip to the Galapagos Islands and found great travel rates on Spirit.com, but what I didn't realize is that for a trip that long they charge $200 per carry on, and $200 per checked bag!! I told the warden I guess you'll be wearing your water-shoes and snorkel vest on the plane.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Taking the DD Brz in for its 60k service, plugs, trans fluid change, rear diff, oil change, some filters. I could of done it, but I always leave daily's to the dealer, cause I need it every day. Plus the auto trans service is kind of wacky to fill it. Plugs requires removing all the bottom pans.

I priced it at 3 scooby dealers, 1 quoted cvt, trans which is standard in a awd subaru, but not in a brz. 10 minute discussion, they still believe it was a cvt. If they don't know their own product, I will pass

2nd one must not want the work, the quote was 3x the others, it was ridicIPOulous. The justification even more stupid.

3rd is farthest but they knew what they were talking about, they offered a loaner for free. So going to Greenwood dryer Rienbold in morning. Hope they don't have any nice used 135's or M240 on the lot. The brz is paid off and just 4 wheeled cash now.

8441 - 8460 of 8510 Posts