Ford Mustang Forums banner

8421 - 8440 of 8510 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Weather looks decent for this upcoming Saturday and I think I will get the car out for the Pumpkin 10000 car cruise. Need to scare a few more little kids with the exhaust before Halloween. :p

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

Wednesday's weather should be great for the test and tune at Raceway Park. Just need my helmet to show up. E85 tune just needs one more revision to finalize and hopefully it shows up before Wed.

Chris I might do that Pumpkin 1000 run. Need to double check my calendar.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Weather looks decent for this upcoming Saturday and I think I will get the car out for the Pumpkin 10000 car cruise. Need to scare a few more little kids with the exhaust before Halloween. :p
Is your car fixed? If so, how happy are you with the work?

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
I cant make this Wednesday. It is our last football practice before the Championship game on Thursday...we are having a pizza party! LOL!!!

Yeah, Steve. I am curious to hear about the car repairs.

LT

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yes car is fixed. As happy I can be. It would probably never be "100% perfect" in my eyes, but to the "normal" person, I would say the repairs are solid 9.95 out of 10.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
That's great news Stev-0.

Larry good luck in the championship! Man do I miss those days.

·
Registered
309 Posts
We are working on a pre meet spot for the cruise. Will have something final by friday.

My downpipe replacement arrived today with some swag. Hoodies and t-shirts for me and the wife. Huron Speed is awesome.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Brian - thanks! We are a little outgunned but we are going to see what we can do.

Steve - glad it is fixed. I am sure it will be hard for most of us to find any of the imperfections.

LT

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

Probably won't do the pumpkin 10000 because it conflicts with the OU-Texas game and even though OU completely sucks this year, it's still OU-Texas and one of the best rivalries in college football.

Might not be able to race tomorrow either because Fed Ex has screwed up the delivery on my new helmet. We'll see if it arrives by tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic. Why does Fed Ex suck so bad??

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Working from home today as the kids have the day off for Parent Teacher Conferences.

LT

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

I think a helmet is going to show up today so that I can race. The guy at Typhoon helmets called me yesterday and said that FedEx probably lost it, and that's why they haven't tried to redeliver in over a week, but that I could order another one and he'd make sure it got to my office today. So props to Typhoon helmets for being so proactive.

Got Daeneyrs out last night to test the launch control. Holy crap. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. I wanted to make sure the tune was good before doing launch control but my gosh, it's crazy. Hold brake down with left foot, slam gas peddle down with right foot, let off brake and it launches at whatever RPM you set. Right now I'm using 3600 rpm. After the initial G's of it setting you back in the seat it's so smooth. Wish I had some drag radials on 18's for the strip, but anxious to see what these massive michelin's do.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
That sounds rowdy!

LT

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning all.

Had a really rough night at Lucas Oil until my last run. First run was awful. Car was still hot from the drive in, too much tire pressure, too much launch rpm. My only other run of the night because of the long lines and the idiots at Lucas Oil letting the slick cars run over and over and ignoring the street car, was awesome though. Only 2 runs but in the end it was worth it. Not sure with the DA what that equates to, but with a prepped track and sticky tires I do think very high 9's would be possible.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's moving Brian! I'm sure there is more left in the 60' and there will be a 9 on the next slip.

Got one head off finally, had a scare where one of the head bolts started to round. Luckily I have a bunch of friends that are mechanics, so a buddy brought over some high dollar Snap-On bolt extractor sockets and was able to get it out.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Brian - that is a solid pass for a street car. And yes, there has to be a lot more in the 60' and a easy high 9 pass. With your car, you almost could have just got in the slick tire lane. LOL!!!

LT

·
Registered
309 Posts
It had a 9 before the bass box and new speakers, and those heavy ricer knock off wheels. :D

Just kidding don't get your adult diapers in a bunch :D

Maybe Muncie would be better, plus less people.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Brian - that is a solid pass for a street car. And yes, there has to be a lot more in the 60' and a easy high 9 pass. With your car, you almost could have just got in the slick tire lane. LOL!!!

LT
I have to say that after going that fast in the 1/4 mile I can't imagine reaching the speeds that you do. The air had gotten cooler and on the top end it didn't feel as planted as I'd have liked (and it's awd). I'm not sure I could take a rwd car like yours down the track at the speeds you do.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It had a 9 before the bass box and new speakers, and those heavy ricer knock off wheels. :D

Just kidding don't get your adult diapers in a bunch :D

Maybe Muncie would be better, plus less people.
Yep, I might need to take a trip up to Muncie.

8421 - 8440 of 8510 Posts