Ford Mustang Forums banner

8321 - 8340 of 8356 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Good morning everyone!

A very productive 3 day weekend for me. I almost have the car finished. Only have fluids, plugs, and a few transmission items to hook up and I will be ready to fire it up. I will say, though, my body is sore. Crawling under the car on the floor and then back up a hundred times wears you out!

Football game tonight! It is going to be hot!

Chris - there is a plan in place. LOL!!!

LT

·
Registered
273 Posts
Finally figured out fuel connection issue. The fitting was not all the way on. I had to rotate the sensor around to finally get it to seat and click. The fuel hose is a 90 degree and I guess I had to find the clearance inside for it to connect.

Waiting for Brian to chime in to hear how the GTR is

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Didn't work at all over the long weekend for the first time in a long time. Instead I tried to install nerf bars for the wardens truck, but they were the wrong ones, so wasted a couple of hours there. Then I tried to level our ancient great room floor before we install new vinyl planking. Also, not fun. Might as well just work.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The GTR is fine but it popped a code that the air fuel ration sensor one was not reading correctly so until I heard back from the tuner I wanted to wait before hammering it. Tuner said the logs were fine so clear the code and see if it continues as it could mean the O2 sensor is going bad. Seems odd that it would go bad at 33k miles, but we'll see. I do think the prior tune was too rich which may have caused some issues for the O2 sensor. E85 is cheap. I had no idea that even though you don't get as many miles to the gallon that it costs about 1/2 what premium does.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got suckered into home improvement for Sunday and Monday.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Got our first win last night in football! 8-0! The kids played great and I believe we only gave up 3-4 first downs the whole game. Our defense was swarming and flying to the ball. We should have won 21-0 but we shot ourselves in the foot a few times. The best part is the kids are learning and getting better.

LT

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good morning all.

Cleared the check engine code as recommended by the tuner and it has not come back so that's good, but I think there's an exhaust leak. I'm going to take some audio recordings and see if GTR guys with downpipes think the sound is normal or an exhaust leak, but I'm pretty certain I'll need to take her back to Slate to have them redo the downpipes. This car makes a lot of strange noises due to the all-wheel drive system so I'm used to that, but it's definitely making new sounds now with the downpipes that it wasn't making before.

·
Registered
273 Posts
You might be hearing more noises since the cats muffled some of the noises.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You might be hearing more noises since the cats muffled some of the noises.
Yes that's why I want to record some audio clips and see if others think it's normal. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid, but if I am wrong and it's normal, I might need to switch up my exhaust. Definitely not digging how it sounds right now.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Exhaust leaks suck. Hopefully it is something simple.

Got some great news just now. Body shop has determined a new bumper cover is needed. Waiting on State Farm to approve. Repair cost has ballooned to over $5300. Hopefully a new bumper cover is readily available and can be shipped quickly.

I might have to sue the living snot out the dipshit that hit me for diminished value.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Exhaust leaks suck. Hopefully it is something simple.

Got some great news just now. Body shop has determined a new bumper cover is needed. Waiting on State Farm to approve. Repair cost has ballooned to over $5300. Hopefully a new bumper cover is readily available and can be shipped quickly.

I might have to sue the living snot out the dipshit that hit me for diminished value.
Yep I'm suing the transport company for diminished value as well. Sucks, but at least it's under the small claims limit so I can just file it in small claims court. Your claim might exceed the small claims limit (probably will) because 10% diminished value on your car is a lot more than 10% on mine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Steve do what Bob did, get a upgraded full carbon fiber part or ZR1 front cover

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Football is back! Don't care much for the NFL but can't wait for college football to start for my Sooners on Saturday! Hopefully covid doesn't screw it up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
So Sooners or later, eh!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Working from home today since I have a noon appointment in Franklin. I do appreciate that we have the added freedoms thru all of this to work from home from time to time based on your personal and family needs.

All going well, I will be starting the cobra this weekend and getting a test drive in.

LT

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good morning all.

Glad to hear the Cobra is going well Larry. What's the next race you plan to attend?

Might put the GTR on the lift this weekend and just see what's going on and to check the work on the install. Might shed some light on what's going on. Been getting a check engine light and the code is for bank 1 issue which could be an 02 sensor going bad, but the tuner says the logs look good. Not sure why the 02 sensor would just start going bad immediately after this install.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sensors are touchy, they might of gotten damaged when pipe was swapped out.

Found Steve's new nerd hangout. Doughnuts and Dragons. Board games, doughnuts, and beer.

Cool about cobra

My honey do list keeps filling up. I have to finish hall bathroom changes, pressure wash and seal deck. Wife just ordered gutter covers to install after I clean gutters

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Sensors are touchy, they might of gotten damaged when pipe was swapped out.
Yeah that's why I need to just get it on the lift and see if anything's amiss. Apparently boost leak is a common problem on these cars so that could also be what I'm hearing. Luckily that should be an easy fix assuming it's just a loose coupler or something.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good morning all.

Found a great deal on some speaker for the GTR. Morel Supremo speakers that a guy was selling for a fraction of the cost of new. Hopefully along with an audison bit one I can get some really good sound.

8321 - 8340 of 8356 Posts