Registered
6,722 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Good late morning all.

For the first time in months we had the entire family law department together. Feels good to have a bit of normalcy back.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was struggling last night trying to get wastegate to align with downpipe and crossover. I read this morning online that they recommend to keep downpipe loose at turbo. That makes sense, AHHH!
Work on re-nstalling cooling system radiator, hoses, and fans tonight. Before working on intercooler

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-0 hooked on power like a cracker on meth!

Trying to decide if I want to install the downpipes on the GTR or have a shop do it. Apparently it is really, really difficult, and if the studs break (and they often do) you must drop the engine to fix them. I know I'll end up trying to do it myself and then cussing myself for days after wondering why I still pretend to know how to work on cars. Wish me luck :)

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Brian - if there is a good chance the studs break and it takes dropping the engine to fix it, I would take it to a shop. Fixing it on the lift is not a big deal, but dropping the engine to fix it...Eff that!!!

Steve is trying to keep up with Maized when racing dyno sheets!

LT

·
Registered
639 Posts
LOL!!

It's just a check up. Griff wanted to look at things once the weather turned not.

I cant compete with you hot rodders. I just focus on looking good. :cool:

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you take to a shop, pay the higher price for a reputable one that has been around a while. Not Joe's gas station or some dude that owes you a favor.

This hot weather is going to cut into my wrench time. Thinking of getting up at 4am and work in shop till 7:30 then go to work.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Morning all.

Having kids is more difficult than managing a busy law practice some times . . .

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Good morning!

Brian - or a puppy. Paisley was put in her cage for an hour this morning while I took the kids to daycare. I get home and she has peed and made an awful mess. I spent the next 45 mins giving her a bath, cleaning the cage, cleaning the floor, etc. To say the least, I got a late start on work this morning.

LT

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have completed step one to becoming a fully fledged pyromaniac....

My July 4th "display" is complete. Just need to hook up the remote firing modules.

1297 planned explosions. 14 mines, 44 mortars, 1 fountain, 20 candles, and 19 repeaters.
No hand lighting, everything is sequenced fused or remotely fired. "Show" should last approximately 7 minutes and 45 seconds. My neighbors are going to either hate me or think I am the coolest guy on the block. We shall see; it could be a neat little show, or it could be an epic failure and complete disappointment......

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-0 that looks awesome. Definitely beyond my ability to pull off.

Installed the APR front carbon fiber lip/spoiler and it looks awesome. Couldn't believe how light it was. It took almost 5 lb's off the very front of the car.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

8101 - 8120 of 8180 Posts