Ford Mustang Forums banner

7961 - 7980 of 8025 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Brian, send me your mailing address, I have the complete set of colors samples for BC Forged wheels I can send you, so you can see each color in person and in different lights and angles. The brushed black will look bronze in most sunlight conditions.

On your car, brushed clear or gloss gunmetal maybe. Even gloss white would look good.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Brian, send me your mailing address, I have the complete set of colors samples for BC Forged wheels I can send you, so you can see each color in person and in different lights and angles. The brushed black will look bronze in most sunlight conditions.

On your car, brushed clear or gloss gunmetal maybe. Even gloss white would look good.
PM sent. Thanks! Gloss Gunmetal is definitely in consideration, and if I get another GTR it would likely go with other car colors as well. So would some of the black variants.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Good afternoon!

Steve - That thing sounds rowdy for a diesel!

Brian - I am no help as I don't have great wheel color vision. I think the color samples from Steve are your best bet.

Our trip to Atlanta was quick and uneventful! The bullet it not home and on the engine stand. Time to start assembly!

LT

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Glad the trip was a good one Larry. Luckily Rachel is so understanding. I can only imagine what the warden's reaction would have been if we'd taken mother's day weekend to go get an engine. The movie "There Will be Blood" comes to mind. :)

Stev-0 I saw that Tesla behind you in the vid and thought - "oh he's going to try and keep up" but no such luck.

Going to wait on the color samples from Stev-0 to decide on a wheel color. Put them next to that all red exterior and see how they look. I'd love to try this but I'm sure the reds would clash and it would look overdone, but I love how this looks:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Brian's 80's monochrome upbringing is starting to show :D

I think the GTR needs a yellow flamejob wrap

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Good morning everyone!

I received my new EDC knife from Amazon yesterday. I was looking for a new one and had a ton of suggestions. Most were very nice, high-end knives. The issue is that I am very hard on my blade with the cutting I do at work, so I was not sure I wanted a $150-200 knife to tear up. I had several people suggest Gerber since their blades tend to hold an edge well. I saw the 06 FAST was on sale for $55, so I ordered one. It feels great and I love the spring assist.

LT

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Still researching and looking at trucks for the warden. It must have heated seats (she runs heated seats even in the summer!) and max towing and trailer brake for the horses. Leaning towards the Ram in 2018-2019 range. Ford just seems to have too many issues with their used trucks and the aluminum frame makes them less tow friendly. Don't really want to step up to a larger class of truck if a 1/2 ton will tow a horse trailer, since 99% of the time she'll just be towing herself. This one checks all the boxes and looks good for a truck. Used Cars for Sale - Find Great Deals with CarGurus - CarGurus

·
Registered
598 Posts
Well it's 40 below and I don't give a fu**, Got (heated seats) in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo!!

Brian, please do not put red wheels on your car. That would not look good. You dont want to look like Larry.

Did I mention that UPS is the BIGGEST piece of **** delivery company in the world? They couldn't make a scheduled delivery date if they only had one package in the entire world to deliver.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Well it's 40 below and I don't give a fu**, Got (heated seats) in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo!!

Brian, please do not put red wheels on your car. That would not look good. You dont want to look like Larry.

Did I mention that UPS is the BIGGEST piece of **** delivery company in the world? They couldn't make a scheduled delivery date if they only had one package in the entire world to deliver.
I wouldn't put red wheels on that car, I just think those wheels look bad-ass. Yes UPS sucks!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Good ole UPS. I got 3 out of 4 wheels delivered yesterday. I am not sure how you **** that up when all 4 wheels arrived in Indy at the same time early Tuesday morning.

Got more carbon fiber being delivered tomorrow. WOOOP WOOOOP!!! :cool: Why? 'Cause more carbon fiber is more better!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-0 is trying to out-rice me with all his carbon fiber :) and really big wing :) Now I know why he suggested I lower my wing.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Good morning everyone!

I really do not like UPS. I have had a lot more success with FedEx than UPS and use UPS as my last resort.

We are going to have to start a new thread and rename it Fast and the Furious Reborn!

LT

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Good morning all.

Thanks again for sending those BC racing samples Stev-0. Those were so cool the way they sent those in a fancy brief case. I'm going to clean the GTR up and start looking at color options with those samples.

7961 - 7980 of 8025 Posts