Ford Mustang Forums banner

7941 - 7960 of 8153 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Good late morning all.

Yes the flogging of the car and seeing all of the other cars out was fun. I definitely learned a lot about Daenerys though. 3rd gear is where it's at with that GTR. She accelerates so quickly and incredibly smoothly that you have no idea how fast you are entering a corner until it almost too late. I pushed her to the limit several times, unintentionally. Of course I really don't know where her limit is, but if I ever find it I'll end up in a fiery crash. The paddle shifters got a good workout.

Stev-0 your car looked great and sounded even better. That little burn out you did as we turned off the road going west I thought you were going to lose it :) It was awesome.

Only bad thing was so much slow traffic. I don't like making passes in those situations (double yellow, barely see if traffic is coming) and I'm sure we gave a few drivers minor heart-attacks as we blew by them. Still fun even though we got separated and couldn't find you guys.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Saturday was a blast!

Car is pretty dang cool Brian. Low wing for sure. And you need wheels badly. Me losing it? Never! Still trying to get comfy with the limits of the car. Sometimes the rear end seems to have a mind of its own.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a goo time. The weather was awesome on Saturday, so we did a lot of landscaping working.

My shortblock is done and trying to decided how to get it home. Maybe run down to ATL to get it or something. Not sure yet. Anyone know someone going that way and back?

LT

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Good morning all.

Looking for a new truck for the warden. That Lincoln Mark LT is a POS and that triton 5.4 v8 is a mess. Looking at F-150's with the 3.5 twins, the Ram hemi, and the Chevy v8. Might look at the Nissan Titan only because they have such a long powertrain warranty and the warden is so hard on vehicles. I hate vehicle shopping with her, but I guess I should include her in it.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Brian - the Gen2 EcoBoosts are nice. The Gen1 like mine have some repairs needed over 100k.

LT

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Good morning all.

Larry so is it 2017 and newer for the Gen2? Thanks for the heads up on that as I was not aware of that distinction.

So I have to tell you guys a cool story. My middle son Jacob has had a rough month - he lost his housing and had to move back in with us, injured his back badly and his work hours have been greatly reduced, his girlfriend of over a year (the only serious relationship he's had) broke up with him, and when he was bringing his cat over from his former residence it got loose, got scared, and ran off our property and had been missing since Sunday. So before I went to bed last night I prayed and said "Lord, please give Jacob a break and bring something positive into his life." Well at 4 am I thought I heard something, and I'm typically a deep sleeper so I don't know why I got woke up, but I went downstairs to check the monitor for our new security camera system (it's awesome). I click on the barn camera and zoom in and I see Jacob's cat! I yell for Jacob and he runs out and finds his cat and brings him in. He was soooo happy.

Reactions: LTZ MACH

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cats are cool, but we added a dog to our family last Friday. Another rescue dog that was meant for jail...literally. She was suppose to go into a prison to be trained by the inmates, but her foster family thought she was ready to be adopted before then. She's an almost 2 year old Rottweiler mix and is doing really well. Still some work to do with her, but she is a quick learner.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Good morning all.

Matt congrats on the new addition to the family!

Looked at a truck today for the warden. Dealerships are stupid. $395 glass etching, $1295 simonize protectant?? No! No! Such BS. They weren't giving me anything for the Lincoln and kept asking if I was financing (another profit center for them) and he was clearly getting frustrated by response that "we'll discuss that if we come to terms on the deal." So needless to say, we walked away. Shame too because it was a really nice truck.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Good morning all.

Matt congrats on the new addition to the family!

Looked at a truck today for the warden. Dealerships are stupid. $395 glass etching, $1295 simonize protectant?? No! No! Such BS. They weren't giving me anything for the Lincoln and kept asking if I was financing (another profit center for them) and he was clearly getting frustrated by response that "we'll discuss that if we come to terms on the deal." So needless to say, we walked away. Shame too because it was a really nice truck.
Cash doesnt get you any better deal right now. With zero percent interest being offered on just about everything, it would be "not so wise" to NOT take advantage of "free money".

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Cash doesnt get you any better deal right now. With zero percent interest being offered on just about everything, it would be "not so wise" to NOT take advantage of "free money".
We're buying a used truck and I think the rates on those are around 3%. If there's any 0% offers out there for used loans I'd definitely take advantage of that, I'm just not aware of any.

·
Registered
635 Posts
We're buying a used truck and I think the rates on those are around 3%. If there's any 0% offers out there for used loans I'd definitely take advantage of that, I'm just not aware of any.
My bad,....For some reason I thought you were looking at new.

Please ignore the idiot in the corner................

Carry on!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
My bad,....For some reason I thought you were looking at new.

Please ignore the idiot in the corner................

Carry on!
If the warden wouldn't tear the crap out of it I'd consider new, but she's so hard on cars that I might as well find something that I won't cringe as much about when she damages it :)

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
I hate buying cars. They always want to know what you can afford per month. I want to talk bottom line first and then investigate the financing options.

Atlanta trip is set. Rolling out with the fam Saturday morning when Rachel gets home from work and then coming back Sunday morning.

LT

·
Registered
233 Posts
Do you have to tell your company if you leave the state. Ours makes people quarantine for 30 days.

Well I got all my tools organized and cleaned off workbench and borrowed a 12' foot table so not have to work off floor. Keep everything organized

Bought labeled wire ties so I can label any wires harnesses I disconnect

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Good morning and TGIF!

Chris - they have not said anything about it but my boss does know that I am going. At this point I dont think I am really going back in the office until June anyway.

LT

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Good morning all.

Larry the nice thing is that traffic will not be bad until you hit Georgia!

Got my Sig P365 and my M&P Shield 9mm with laser. Both really nice little guns and both pack a nice punch. They both shoot well. Crazy that the little Sig carries 10+1 ammo. Jury is still out on the Urban Carry 3. They must be broken in well first so I'm going to see how I like it after breaking it in. It is really easy to pull and access your gun, but right now it's not very comfortable. Need to pick up some leather conditioner for it too.

Reactions: Whitexc

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
So if one were picking from these colors of wheels for a bright red GTR, which would you choose - I'm leaning towards Brushed Dark Black, Brushed Black or Brushed Bronze, although I'd love to try Saphire Blue (just don't have the guts to do it):

·
Registered
233 Posts
1) Amber
2) Brushed dark black
3) crystal coffee

Problem with dark bronze and coffee is a little bit of brake dust and they look black, they look black at night. Friend andrew has dark bronze on his matte white ATSV and they look black. If you want the neat color look you got to go bright. Guys with subaru always choose dark gold over bright. They are almost bronze. I went bright and it looks right.

Its a GTR it already screams look at me with outlandish looks. Go bold or go home. Think JDM and less ford boy racer follower.

7941 - 7960 of 8153 Posts