Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
So you have an aftermarket “calibrated” MAF meter to work in conjunction with the 24# injectors.
Not ideal, but it kinda “works”.

Your car is Not tuned. You have an aftermarket throttle body, it could be the source of your previous idle issues, and a real tune would help.

What is going on with the 2 wires coming off the throttle body, not connected to anything?

Black smoke is an over fueling issue. Does the CEL illuminate with key on? Can you retrieve codes?
Why the posted photograph of the replacement EEC-IV test port?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I didnt change the pressure regulator. Should I? is that located on the fuel rails above the engine?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The two wires coming out of the throttle body are actually coming out of the TPS easy to check the volt reading.
mine is at 1.17 it's as low as I can get it by moving the black box TPS, the fitting underneath is adjustable.( turnable)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Okay guys everything seems to be adding up. I definately have an over fueling issue.
I live in N. IRELAND so I order parts on ebay etc from the states. So I may not post results for 10 days.....

1/ I will check the fuel regulator ASAP.

Q/ If I change the EEC does it need changed? tuned?

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
You need to check the codes.

You need to check the codes.

Again, to test the EEC, You need to check the codes.

Your car is NOT tuned. Not even in 2008. But you need to check the codes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
OK THANKS, Do the codes come up on a computer when it is plugged into the engine? So I will take the car to a tuner guy!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Here are pics of the old ECU that was in the spare parts, and here is the engine GT40 302 with a carb on their website; www.realsteel.co.uk ,,,, Has anybody stripped the electronics off and put a carburettor on? I seen this engine on the website where it was bought from with a street demon carb.

·
Registered
23,197 Posts
what is this thread about anyway?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
what is this thread about anyway?
My 1995 mustang starts and dies. It's not the TPS, IACV, I have been driving the car for 9 months with no problems.
I had the injectors changed like for like 24lb injectors. The car drove home very well with no smoke coming from the exhaust ( IACV DISCONNECTED) I ran out of petrol in my driveway, I put 2 gallons in the next day and now dark smoke is coming out the exhausts.
So now I have two problems......

·
Registered
23,197 Posts
so everything was fine, then you changed the injectors, and it drove for 1 ride fine, ran out of gas

and now you have black smoke, is this the correct order?

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
You want help?
Then you have to focus.

Does the CEL illuminate when you turn the key on? It should.
Then it should go out after the engine starts.

Then you need to attempt to pull the codes. You. Don’t take it anywhere, you do it.
It’s a simple procedure that cost nothing. Thousands of videos and how to’s are available online.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
You want help?
Then you have to focus.

Does the CEL illuminate when you turn the key on? It should.
Then it should go out after the engine starts.

Then you need to attempt to pull the codes. You. Don’t take it anywhere, you do it.
It’s a simple procedure that cost nothing. Thousands of videos and how to’s are available online.
Hi, I just went out now and checked it! No CEL light on. (see pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
why did you change injectors?
There was some oil on the spark plugs, it's the first thing I checked when the car was not idling. So I thought it was the Orings ( which were cut and split a bit ) and they were 12 years old according to the history file. ( pic above of old one)

41 - 60 of 106 Posts