Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The TFI module on my car is branded Standard Motor products and I want to replace it with a Motorcraft one before going to the dyno for a tune. Are the ones that LMR and Amazon sell really Ford products and the one to purchase? Are there any other brands that are good to purchase?

Motorcraft TFI Module - Manual Transmission | 1986-93 Mustang - 5.0 (lmr.com)

Amazon.com: Motorcraft - Module - Ignition (P) (DY1284): Automotive

The reviews on these are very mixed. Can they still be purchased at the Ford dealer?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Amazon has entirely too many counterfeit parts.
I'd buy a Borg-Warner or a Standard from a local store before buying a "Motorcraft" on Amazon.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
If it's not broke; don't fix it. A new one is a crap shoot whether it will be dependable or not. JMHO

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
Honestly, I’d trust a junkyard oem take-off over any of the new ones these days.

Amazon is full of fakes as well. Id probsbly buy a Motorcraft from local parts store or rockauto.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Reactions: RekeHavoc

·
Registered
582 Posts
I ran a Davis Unified Ignition (DUI) type tfi dyna-module for over 10 years it was still working when I took it off the car and I do still have it just not using it at this time. Maybe I should throw it on the car again lol. Ran 10.50's all day long at pinks all out Bandimere in a T-56 stick shifted 306 F-1 procharged small tire car with the ole dyna-mod. But now I prefer the OEM motorcraft tfi modules even if they are used in good condition.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have a new motorcraft tfi module I bought from Rock Auto. I should really put it on the car to see if it's good. I've had a new motorcraft tfi module bad right out of the box.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts