Ford Mustang Forums banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
where can i get a x-pipe or h-pipe for the blackheart long tube headers for the coyote/foxbody swap ? i dont need anything after the X or H pipe
The only Hooker Blackheart X-pipe available is the one that is part of the full exhaust systems. If that’s not the road you want to take, you can fabricate one from one of the many Universal X-pipe kits available on the market.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The only Hooker Blackheart X-pipe available is the one that is part of the full exhaust systems. If that’s not the road you want to take, you can fabricate one from one of the many Universal X-pipe kits available on the market.
that sucks. what is the part number for it ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Hooker Blackheart doesn’t offer any universal X-pipe kits, but if you go to Summit racing’s website and enter “X-pipe kit” into the search box you’ll see the range of choices you’ll have to choose from.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hooker Blackheart doesn’t offer any universal X-pipe kits, but if you go to Summit racing’s website and enter “X-pipe kit” into the search box you’ll see the range of choices you’ll have to choose from.
what is the part number for the exhaust you offer for the coyote swap

·
Registered
4,330 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
what is the part number for the exhaust you offer for the coyote swap
There are 12 different Hooker Blackheart exhaust system part numbers offered for use in a Coyote swapped 1979-2004 Mustang (6 for 1979-1993 cars and 6 for 1994-2004 cars). Within those part numbers are choices to be made by the user for system type (full-length or muffler/turn-down tips), diameter (2.5" or 3") and material (409SS or 304SS). If you know specifically what you would be interested in from those choices, I would gladly provide you with a part number.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally put the Gen3 Coyote swap on the dyno. Looking at the top end power; the 1.75” header and 2.5” exhaust Blackheart system easily supports 400+ wheel.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Looks good. That Hooker Blackheart header and exhaust system size combination should perform admirably for a user up to around the 450HP level.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
I'm checking in here this morning to let those following know that Holley has just released some final key components of the Hooker Blackheart Mustang Coyote swap systems. Specifically, that would be the Holley 302-50 Coyote swap oil pan, engine mount adapter brackets for the stock 1985-95 K-members and a transmission crossmember that can be used to mount a TKO 500/600 or Powerglide transmission in the 1999-2004 New Edge cars behind a Coyote engine. II have added a few images of the engine mount adapter brackets also for installation context, since it is hard to see how they would work from from website product images. These brackets require the use of the Prothane poly Mod Motor mounts, which can be seen in the install photos attached to the Hooker Blackheart adapter brackets. Let me know if anyone has any questions on any of these components.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #151 (Edited)
Hello Maverick_26. Here's two images for you that depict the ground clearance of the Hooker Blackheart headers for the SN95/New Edge application. I can't tell you what sort of clearance issues you might have with the Gen-3 CMCV set-up as I've not done an install to date of that version of the Coyote engine. The Gen 2 CMCV set-up doesn't have any issues, but they might be very different in their fitment geometry.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts