Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a ms3 kit and a piggy back adapter what ever that is and a rasp berry pi dash foxbody built cluster. It just has to be wired up completely. I have been thinking very seriously about getting a holley terminator x fox kit because I have heard they are so much easier to tune and work with .do they use any of the stock harness because my car doesn't have one .please tell your experience with both and the pros and cons of each that you have experienced thanks in advance

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just installed one a month ago. If your car does not have a harness then the Holley is perfect for you. My car is a 28k mile mint 93 with mechanical mods and complete systems so it probably wasn't the best option for me but its done now. For me, I had to hack into the factory harness and pull out the airbag circuitry and the air conditioning circuitry. The Holley harness is NOT plug and play. The only Fox specific item in the box is the injector harness. The rest is really LS stuff. You need to buy the transducers and adapters if you want to monitor fuel and oil pressure with the Holley. The kit doesn't come with them. You will need to rewire/repin the throttle position sensor too.

There are a couple of good videos on youtube that are more helpful then the instructions. Also, the settings in the program are defaulted to LS. You need the software on a laptop to set some of them up. The IAC output is a PWM on the fox and you will need to select the correct IAC, then it appears in the unassigned output box. Then you can drag and drop it into the appropriate output pin. Can't due that on the handheld and the instructions don't tell you that. I found out by surfing the Holley forums in frustration due to idling issues. The handheld is nice but you can't just set it up on that. Holley could fix this, not sure why they don't but whatever.

Long story short, if you have no harness or system currently it will work great. Just need to research the settings and get them right before you are scratching your head at startup. Looks like that's what you're doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts