Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 (new to me) and I'm looking at putting tires and wheels on it. Due to were
I live I need go tall as well as wide. I was looking at tires on line and I see that in 2004
the Cobra had a 275 40 17 so that would work with 10" rims?

i was going to get 2 of the 10" from AFS
So what is is biggest tire I can stuff under this Mach front and rear without modification?

gs

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Lots of New Edge fitment examples and info here - Official New Edge wheel picture thread.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you "need to go tall as well as wide". You cited a stock size - 275/40-17 - as an example, but that isn't tall, that's just a stock size. Are you looking for tires that are taller than stock?

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
I had an '01 Cobra. There is lots of room under the fenders both front and back. Although I didn't upgrade the wheels on that car, it came stock with 245/45/17s on a 17x8 wheel. I went to a 255/40 on the same wheel with no issues. I also test fit a 95 Cobra R wheel (17x9 with 255/45s) on all 4 corners with no issues. The car was lowered on H&R Super Sports with '00 Cobra Bilsteins which put the k about 3" off the ground - had to watch for high spots and road debris and it hit pretty often.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts