Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a color code to what is what they cut the Radio plugs off and know i dont know whats what i been to several yards looking for a scrap mustang with the connector but cant find one let me know if anyone has one please

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have a color code to what is what they cut the Radio plugs off and know i dont know whats what i been to several yards looking for a scrap mustang with the connector but cant find one let me know if anyone has one please the colors listed are
black & pink
orange & pink
black & green stripe
violet & lt blue stripe
grey & pink stripe
pink & lt blue stripe
lt blue & wht stripe
tan & yellow stripe
lt blue & red stripe
black & green stripe

·
11,148 Posts
Do you have a digital voltmeter?
Usually the striped wires go to speakers, the brown or black go to chassis ground, the orange is switched power, the red is unswitched power, and the yellow is "headlights on". That's if I remember correctly, which, don't count on it.

I'd strip off some insulation from each wire and find the ground wire first. Start with voltmeter to verify no volts, then ohmmeter to verify continuity (ONLY if there's no voltage!). After that, unswitched power should be easy to find, then futz with the ignition key and headlights to find +12V sw and headlights.
Then access the speakers and establish continuity from their terminals to a particular wire in the harness.

Or, you could google "2001 mustang gt radio wiring diagram" and get hundreds of diagrams instantly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts