Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1988 Mustang and the headlights don't work. It had some Led conversion that I removed that I thought might be the problem, but when I plugged in the old headlights they still don't work. I bypassed the switch at the dash, tried pulling the blinker lever and nothing turns them on. The running lights and dash lights work. Is there a fuse specifically for the headlights?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it possible the turn signal lever is bad? Does power run through there prior to going to the headlights?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drove it to work this morning and tried the brights and they work, but only when push the turn signal lever forward. The flash to pass does not work.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump. Hoping someone might have some insight on my problem.

As mentioned above, my high beams work but they flicker from time to time. The low beams do not work, nor does the flash to pass function. Im wondering if the issue is in the turn signal mechanism, but im hoping someone can tell me if the power for low beams is sent through the turn signal. I don't want to waste the money if it's not related.

·
Registered
23,074 Posts
is it a GT, with fog lights?

should be a 30 min diagnosis worse case, with a wiring diagram

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a gt and fog lights haven't been hooked up for years. As mentioned above I verified that the headlight switch works, along with the fuseable link under the hood.

Can you tell me if the signal for headlights travels through the blinker mechansm on the column?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts