Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 mustang
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am headed to ATCO on oct 23rd for a open track rental.
Finally have car ready for its first pass.

1. Have some questions on suggested settings on the front and rear shocks.

2. What pressure should I start the tires with?

3. What Is your guess for ET?

Last time i was at the track it was in Westhampton in the late 90's
My Car is a 85 Mustang hatchback 347 10.5-1 compression Fti custom cam
Edelbrock performer rpm heads (1.90 valve) Victor jr intake, 780cfm pro sytems carb.
4r70w manual valve body with trans brake. 32-3600 Pro Torque converter. 8.8 rear with 4.11 gears
MT Drag Radial Pro 275/65/15 on weld draglites.

Car weighs 3000lbs with me in it. I have strange single adjustable struts and shocks. 12" 150lbs front coilovers
and team z drag springs in back. Baseline suspensions street launch uppers and lower control arms.
Team z anti roll bar. Sub frame connectors and a 8 point roll bar.

Thanks for everybody's input and help.

Scott

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Should run low 12s. Id say 12.2 for a number.
Once you get seat time and have her dialed in youll crack the 11s.

Unlikely tire pressure will be a concern for you.

·
Premium Member
4,801 Posts
Try 18 psi for a start. Put front struts at 3 clicks from left, rear 5 clicks, If these are strange units.

·
Premium Member
4,801 Posts
No problem at all. Good luck. I wouldn't be able to stay away from the track for 20 years, that would put me under.

·
Registered
85 mustang
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah its been a long time. But car sat for a long time. Then blew the original motor. So it took a couple years to get it to where it is now.

·
Registered
1965 fastback 306 hci v3-si @10psi Pro M efi. Tko600 3:55
163 Posts
My brother has very similar combo -347, preformer heads (2.02) same trans with similar stall. Same tires even same wheels lol.

After a few days of getting shift points dialed in he got a best of [email protected]

He has very stock suspension and 3.55 gears and red lines at end of 1/4 mi in third.
I’d say your going to be able to get easy 2.0 60s and you’ll be using fourth gear so I’ll guess you might be really close to high 11s at least very low 12s
Look forward to seeing your results.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Try 18 psi for a start. Put front struts at 3 clicks from left, rear 5 clicks, If these are strange units.
This is good suggestion!
I'd think you'd be in the 11's for sure! Good luck and looking forward to your results!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts