Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question...

Looking at a head unit for my '92. The audio system isn't anything special. Really all I need it for is bluetooth. BUT, I'm aging and I'm finding that my eyes are getting sensitive to background light, I usually have the cluster turned all the way down because I drive at night quite a bit.

I like a head unit that's easily readable, and my truck's Pioneer X690's display is a little tough to read with the dot matrix stuff. I like the Boss line of LCD's but more are discontinued, AND most of them dont' have an auto-dimmer wire that runs to the cluster lighting so that when you turn the headlights on, the display automatically dims down.

Is there anything out there that I might like? I'm not "that" picky-Again, I'd like to have a nice screen, and a backup camera isn't out of the question, but it HAS to nave handsfree bluetooth and dim down with the headlights-that is a big deal to me since most aftermarket stuff is way too bright anyway.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm putting my stock back in for looks and adding a ST4. 1000DB (I have this in my 79 MG Midget and love it) It just connects to my phone when I cut the car own and hit play. Friend also has one in his boat works great.

ST4.1000DB | Soundstream

·
Registered
292 Posts
In my 98 I used a Kenwood KRC-218. The KRC-208S & KRC-28MR are very similar. Then I used the inputs meant for an external CD control and plugged in the Bluetooth unit using a simple adapter. Radio thinks its playing a remote CD player. I didn't want phone in this car so all it does is stream music.

Jake

·
Registered
344 Posts
Any trouble installing? Any negatives that you have experienced with this unit? I am looking at putting in a double din in my 01.
The only negative is I wished I had went with a newer full face model with a touch display, but other than that it rocks and is awesome!!!! I highly recommend buying from Crutchfield. They give you everything you need and their tech support is awesome. I had a question while soldering the wiring harness and I called them, got an American who spoke clear english and he stayed on the line with me for 45 minutes and walked me through connecting and soldering every connection. I will always buy my stereo equipment from Crutchfield!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
The only negative is I wished I had went with a newer full face model with a touch display, but other than that it rocks and is awesome!!!! I highly recommend buying from Crutchfield. They give you everything you need and their tech support is awesome. I had a question while soldering the wiring harness and I called them, got an American who spoke clear english and he stayed on the line with me for 45 minutes and walked me through connecting and soldering every connection. I will always buy my stereo equipment from Crutchfield!!!
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. I was reading some reviews and they were saying the same thing.

·
Registered
344 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts