Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
You guys guessing over 400 whp with a 306, no intercooler and no meth on pump gas are delusional.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
You guys guessing over 400 whp with a 306, no intercooler and no meth on pump gas are delusional.
I did 11.9 @ 117.9 MPH @ 3630 lb. in a 306 with AFR165's, a small cam and a Kenne Bell @ 11psi, that we all know can't make any horsepower as they're not intercooled. That's over 400 at the wheels according to the Wallace calculator.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Who wants to bet a few years down the road we'll still be waiting for dyno results and OP hasnt logged in since..heh.
Ha! This is actually big incentive for me.
My goal was to drive this car to hot August nights car show this summer.
One set back after another
Now this coronavirus thing ?
Just installed the Pro M harness and mocking everything up.
I am scheduled to have my exhaust done hopefully by the end of this month after that I will immediately install my fuel system and install rear battery kit and cables. then I can finish the rest of the harness install.
My wife is on board for getting it done ASAP which is huge as most of you know ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
With the Factory V3- SI pulleys and my head intake cam and exhaust combo I’m just guessing to have around 5,6,7 psi.
Just a guess
I’m not sure how much an inner cooler would help with that lower amount of boost.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
OK my turn to guess
- I say 378.6 ?

And no I won’t edit this post after the Dyno pull ?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
I’m not sure how much an inner cooler would help with that lower amount of boost.
A cooler air charge allows for more ignition timing. If you don't have to pull timing then you make more power.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Where are you located at?? I might have to change my guess cause I had figured you'd be doing a dyno run sometime soon.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Where are you located at?? I might have to change my guess cause I had figured you'd be doing a dyno run sometime soon.
Central California
As far as the timing you know how these things go.
This coronavirus has giving me an opportunity to stay home more and actually get some things done on it.
But at the same time it’s taking forever to receive parts.
I just purchased (10) 2.75 inch stainless steal V band clamps from Amazon and it looks like they’re almost a month out. -And that was with prime shipping ?

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I made 450 rwhp, no charge cooling, pump gas through an AOD with a 306 and 8 psi from an m112. Car went mid 10's like that, with a best mph of 128-129 - driven to and from the track. Did it at least for 10 track trips. Badger hyper pistons, too!

·
Registered
804 Posts
411 rwhp
dstolarc

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
I made 450 rwhp, no charge cooling, pump gas through an AOD with a 306 and 8 psi from an m112. Car went mid 10's like that, with a best mph of 128-129 - driven to and from the track. Did it at least for 10 track trips. Badger hyper pistons, too!
I believe you. But your combo is completely different than the OP. His combo is not going to make anywhere near that. Could I be wrong? Sure, but at this point I would not wager any money on a 400 whp claim. I hope the OP gets what he wants, I guess we will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I believe you. But your combo is completely different than the OP. His combo is not going to make anywhere near that. Could I be wrong? Sure, but at this point I would not wager any money on a 400 whp claim. I hope the OP gets what he wants, I guess we will have to wait and see.
I’m hoping for at least 380 rwhp
It’s stock 1978 non roller block
(I used morel linked lifters)
D8VE-6015-A3A casting
supposed to be last of the heavier blocks similar to Mexican block
I’ve installed 1/2” main girdle with arp studs after having mains line bored (please don’t laugh ?
And a good engine builder of mine really took his time balancing entire rotating assy.

I am however in no disillusion
-this is still a stock block!

If I’m not at least 380 rwhp I’ll probably change to smaller pulley and add meth injection (i’ve already got the methanol flow sensor installed in my Pro M harness ready to go for Denser air charge and more timing under boost

Wife knows I want a dart 363 short block when everything else is up to par with the car

I really appreciate everyone’s participation in this !
....Jason

41 - 60 of 79 Posts