Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
The thing is - almost any of us could be right. It all depends on the dyno and the tune. Push it close to the edge and 430+ rwhp is possible. Set it conservatively, and under 400 rwhp will be the result. I know that on my setup going from 15-18 degrees of timing is worth about 30 rwhp. The closer I got to optimum N/A timing, the lower the gains per degree. At the OP's boost level, pump gas and lack of intercooling, he'll be lucky to get within 10 degrees of optimum timing. I know when I pushed my little Eaton M112, with no charge cooling, overspun and making 8 psi on a 306 I saw ~450 rwhp though an AOD. But that was on the ragged edge (probably a little past it, TBH). The OP has lesser heads and intake than I did on my 306; toss in a reasonable tune, and you're probably looking at the 400-440 range esp considering his trans.

Reactions: Foot Hill

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The thing is - almost any of us could be right. It all depends on the dyno and the tune. Push it close to the edge and 430+ rwhp is possible. Set it conservatively, and under 400 rwhp will be the result. I know that on my setup going from 15-18 degrees of timing is worth about 30 rwhp. The closer I got to optimum N/A timing, the lower the gains per degree. At the OP's boost level, pump gas and lack of intercooling, he'll be lucky to get within 10 degrees of optimum timing. I know when I pushed my little Eaton M112, with no charge cooling, overspun and making 8 psi on a 306 I saw ~450 rwhp though an AOD. But that was on the ragged edge (probably a little past it, TBH). The OP has lesser heads and intake than I did on my 306; toss in a reasonable tune, and you're probably looking at the 400-440 range esp considering his trans.
Sure, Your absolutely correct!
This will be stock fuel and timing tables (load/lamda) with my base pro m efi set up wrote by Chris Richards
-First successful pull before any changes made to the stock pro m tune.
This is all for fun entertainment and I do appreciate everyone’s involvement and best guesses.

If you want to “play” Give me an exact number and I’ll add you to the list. ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
422 rwhp

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
452 RWHP

·
Registered
20 Posts
I promise to send $25 to the closest guess
REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER) via PayPal once I get it on the dyno.
- if I make any changes (or you need more info) before testing I’ll update /edit this post so you can change number.
View attachment 1058225

-GT-40 tubular upper
-Lower ported by Matt Moss for 1250 gasket (1.20x2.0)
-Eddlebrock preformer aluminum heads with 1.6x2.02 valves
-forged flat top pistons @ 9.25/1
-Cam is

-1.6 roller rockers
-Vortech V3-si (HO kit 3.33 pulley)
-4” intake
-90mm pro m mass air meter.
-60 lbs injectors
-Only Engine accessories are alternator and water pump
-Electric fans
-12 hoses from both valve covers to vented catch can.
-1 5/8” JBA shorty headers
-2.75” mandrel bent exhaust with h pipe all the way over axle out back
- pro m efi system
-tko 600
I think a guess under 400 is too low and if it doesn't go over 400 something is off. I assume we are talking dynojet so I'm gonna go with 416.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
410 RWHP

Reactions: Foot Hill

·
Registered
47 Posts
Who wants to bet a few years down the road we'll still be waiting for dyno results and OP hasnt logged in since..heh.
There will be a lot of guesses by then.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts