Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
im in Toronto and i get a super discount because i buy a lot of ford parts for my fleet trucks i buy a case a 12 all the time if you need any help let me know i think i paid 80 bucks for the case or something like that

·
Registered
66 Posts
Another vote for NAPA Gold/WIX.

·
11,087 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
That led me to the Wix filters for an FL1A equivalent. The Wix 51515 is the same as the FL1A, but I see they make about three other versions. The 51515XP looks interesting, but it only filters above 35 microns.

I wonder if Wix makes one of that extended interval type(XP), in the models which are bigger than the FL1A, but use the same 3/4x16 threads etc? I've got a need for a larger external filter, to go next to a Bypass filter(which clean to 2-3 microns). Capacity is the key for longer intervals such as a year, normal filters aren't enough for 20k+ miles between changes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
My local Ford dealers parts guy refuses to carry FL1A anymore “because we only sell 1 or 2 a year”.
I asked about the 2 I was going to purchase today, as well as the 2 I purchased about a month ago and the 1/2 dozen or so I bought last year. Stupid chump.
Anyways, I won’t be welcome back there lol. Amazon wants about $30 ea, so I’m going to have to go aftermarket. What do you guys recommend?
NAPA GOLD is one of the better filters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You go to the stealership just for oil filters? My presence at the Ford parts counter indicates surrender and desperation.

All the local parts chains here carry them. If not Motorcraft, then usually Purolator, Mobil, Bosch, Wix. Walmart too. Of course there's always a Fram PH8A on the shelf, but Frams are bright orange for same reason venomous and poisonous animals are orange: so you can avoid them without getting close.
Fram is one of the worst brands.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts