Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any favorite suppliers recommended here?? Stock pre bent is what I am looking for

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Classic Tube. I have a set of their stainless lines (not installed yet); they offer non-stainless, too. I've generally heard nothing but favorable reviews, so I went with them.

Since I haven't installed them, I can't comment on the quality of fitment, but I will say that their website leaves a bit to be desired. They offer something like 12 different kits covering the range of Fox Mustangs, but don't give any specifications to help you figure out what the differences are.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Forget their website. Download their catalog. That has the breakdown of all the different years and models.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I’ll vouch for the stainless classic tube brake line kit. Fits great.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Forget their website. Download their catalog. That has the breakdown of all the different years and models.
Yes, their catalog is how I figured out they have so many different Fox kits. But even the catalog is just a list, and doesn't provide any explanations of what's different about the various kits or what exactly the kits contain.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Wow. I need one of these kits - and they have both Cougar and Thunderbird kits. Shame I have a mix-n-match car with front brakes converted to 11" Mustang, rear axle is Turbocoupe with disc brakes. I wonder if I can get Cougar V8 front, Turbocoupe rear?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I just replaced every single line (other than rear axle) on my car with SS lines from these guys

They fit well, were cheap, came well packaged, and I've got the setup bled and they seem to be leak free.

I did buy a single line from Classic Tube. I called them up, and they were willing to sell me a single 94-95 non-ABS front driver's brake line. I used this, with a 94-95 non-ABS combo valve fitting on the rear of my stock combo valve to make a clean, OEM style 3-2 conversion setup, so as a result I needed that one line. This method is just much cleaner.

Left line is classic tube, bottom two are sstubes.com. Tube quality seems to be about the same, and they used the same nuts. I'd go with either again.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Wow. I need one of these kits - and they have both Cougar and Thunderbird kits. Shame I have a mix-n-match car with front brakes converted to 11" Mustang, rear axle is Turbocoupe with disc brakes. I wonder if I can get Cougar V8 front, Turbocoupe rear?
That was kinda my issue with them. I was buying a set of lines for an '82 Zephyr, but it's going to have SN95 spindles and brakes and rear disks and maybe a Cobra IRS. Of course, any Mustang kit isn't going to be right when it comes to the line to the rear, since the F/Z cars have a longer wheelbase than the Mustang, so I knew that line would need to be modified. I ended up buying the '87-93 V8 kit from Classic Tube, knowing that MM has a kit to adapt to the IRS brakes in a Fox.

Now I'm thinking I should do what Mike did for that SN95 brake line - that seems like a good idea!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts