Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Ford Mustang 5.0 LX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im a new member and relatively new to the car scene. I am wanting to have the team Z through floor sub frames installed, and the team Z mini tubs installed on my 88 LX. I had a guy here in Louisville, KY quote me about $300 for the sfc, and $4000 for the mini tubs and coil over bar. For the sfc I thought that was reasonable, but $4k for mini tubs sounds very high? (I also know you have to notch the frame to do it right) Any thoughts or input would be appreciated! I also plan to narrow the 8.8 2.5” on each side to fit a 15x12 and have 9” ends put on to not have to worry about C clips/ eliminators.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I wouldn't do the sub frames for $300, quite a bit of work there. Paying a shop $100/hr would get to 4K pretty fast.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Did that $4000 quote include doing the rear end you mentioned at the end or without? $4000 for just mini tubs does seem pretty high, there is no way it would take a skilled shop a weeks worth or man hours just to do mini tubs and coil over bar. I did mini tubs in my car in my garage and it was the first time I had ever done it on a classic mustang and it took my about 2 days start to finish. And that was just working on it at night after work. But I dont know what it all takes on a notchback either maybe its a lot harder than on my car idk. But I wouldnt be paying 4 grand for it I know that.

Ps: you put this in the lighting and F150 forum. Probably get better answers in the foxbody forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts