Ford Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Lake closing it’s doors

23K views 147 replies 31 participants last post by  Christopher Ihara 
#1 ·

I know it’s really not tech related, but I’m sure it means something to some. Sucks to see a reputable shop closing, but I respect the decision.

See less See more
Reactions: jpe and superirish
#6 ·
Wow! Bummer indeed.
I just received about (2 months ago) fully hand ported heads from him.
They look great!

He did mention they might be his last hand ported ones.

I just figured He’d rather do the CNC programmed ones.
I am self-employed and honestly just happy for him.
It’s a hard move to make because any change of day to day routine/career is scary even if it’s something positive.

#9 ·
I agree. There are some good porting guys out there, but fox lake has such a good reputation.

I’m always glad when someone is in a position to step away, but I hope someone can fill the shoes left open. Glad he had as good of a run as he did. Not a lot can say that.

Reactions: Foot Hill
#8 ·
wow, sorry to see that but I will always remember the name. Hope the name is passed on, make Fox Lake products great again!!

Reactions: Foot Hill
#13 ·
when today's kids makes a fortune being "social influencers", there is no passion for anything anymore. its just "likes".

Drag strips closing, machine shops going under, engine, chassis builders, trans builders closing. And a tesla will crap on anything off the line.....the future is coming.

Im sure someone here has seen the movies "Idiocracy" and "V for Vendetta"

#17 ·
when today's kids makes a fortune being "social influencers", there is no passion for anything anymore. its just "likes".

Drag strips closing, machine shops going under, engine, chassis builders, trans builders closing. And a tesla will crap on anything off the line.....the future is coming.

Im sure someone here has seen the movies "Idiocracy" and "V for Vendetta"
Idiocracy
-this movie hurts to watch (because of all the stupidity) but unfortunately it’s becoming so true.
I recommend it to people who (like me) think most of the world’s population is full of mindless sheep.
Font Logo Graphics Brand Symbol

#28 ·
The market is not changing. Out government is trying to force a change. For the most part it is not working. There is no clamor for electric vehicles....or Smart cars.

For hot rodding, as the older guys sell, or fade away, there is no one to teach the younger guys, who grew up with everything they could want available for a phone call. Almost none of them know haw to do anything other than bolt parts on. Add that to the corporates culture that has decided to rape this industry and you don't have a lack of demand, you have a lack of innovation.

Except Holley. Holley is doing some phenomenal stuff with fuel injection systems.

The paradigm shift will come when the Federal Government outlaws the aftermarket performance industry, and all performance modifications...and that may well be far sooner than any of us think.

#32 · (Edited)
For the hell of it....

Look back say.... ten or fifteen years ago for all the performance shops that were on this forum. Then do a quick search to see who is left. Tell you anything?

Remember Wynn's Speed and their ten page ads in magazines? Todd "was" a multi-millionaire at the time. Not so much today!

I was talking about the fate of the industry with one of my camshaft dealers who builds some serious street and track Ford engines and he's no old timer like Mark and me. He said there are days when shutting down and taking on a simple 9 to 5 job is so tempting. Mind you, he has a $3M+ per year business so it's not some part time kid renting a garage making these comments. It's just not worth the toll it takes on your life anymore he said.

The industry is in deep trouble if the fooqing morons in DC keep pushing this bovine feces green deal plan. You non-political types who piss and whine when it's brought up, haven't a damned clue how much the Feds actually effect your hobby. Ignore the DC agenda at your own peril.

Thank God I have my guns to keep me busy.... until they come after them too...

#34 ·
when it's brought up, haven't a damned clue how much the Feds actually effect your hobby. Ignore the DC agenda at your own peril.
I think you are misrepresenting the opposing side and underestimating their knowledge.

Feds are good when they support MY likes, feds are bad when they don’t support MY likes. That is usually the political take from angov folks.

And good job old guys, you have made another thread political. Hahaha

go start a thread in the politics section so you all can get your blood pressure going and wave your walkers around.

#39 ·
How is it a conspiracy theory? I am probably the youngest guy in this thread, and I can tell you, the car scene now is bigger and more popular than it has ever been in history.

The government is forcing change, not us, the younger generation. That's not a conspiracy theory. Just because you support the government taking away our hobbies through legislation since you support liberal policies that hurt the country does not mean it's a conspiracy theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.