Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
On the plus side, the ones that survived Obama are pretty much buried in work. (42% of my shops went under between 2009 and 2013 during the :D "recovery")
I beginning to think that you don’t have a good understanding of macroeconomics.

“How can I blame everything on a Democrat...”

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
You would be incorrect. No one here knows why he closed. But me.
The lack of activity is just an observation. No reason to get haughty about it. If you know something, don't hint at it, speak.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
The lack of activity is just an observation. No reason to get haughty about it. If you know something, don't hint at it, speak.
Ron told me in confidence. You can call him if you want. I dont think he will answer however.....but give it a try. You never know.....;)

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
No worries. Best of luck to him.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I wonder if I'll be able to sell my milling machine if I needed to for some reason? Last one I sold to a gunsmith, so there's always that I suppose.

On the other hand, due to shutting down so many manufacturing facilities, I have had two milling machines, three drill presses, a lathe, large sander, kalamazoo and and 2 upright band saws, reciprocating magnetic grinding table, CNC circuit board router, large manual shear and smaller 90° cutter and hundreds of mills, drills etc, 2 full roller tool boxes and tons of bar, tube and billet aluminum and steel and copper. All for the price of I had to rent a lift-back box truck to move it all.

Doing my best to make lemonade from the lemons these traitor corporations are handing us. Then again, this all started with "Made in Japan" back in the 50's and 60's which was a result of destroying them. They decided that fighting economically was a better choice. China, Korea, Vietnam, Philippines and others have all copied this model.
IMO you will have a hard time selling machinery. Look up all the auctions in the country. Machines are going for pennies on the dollar. About 10 years ago, I bought a very low use mill for $200 with a bunch of tooling at an auction. The guy I was bidding against, was going to scrap it. It is very sad but manufacturing is a dying industry in this country.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I beginning to think that you don’t have a good understanding of macroeconomics.

“How can I blame everything on a Democrat...”
I very much doubt that you are beginning to think. At least, you've shown no evidence of that awakening.

As for macroeconomics, I aced it in college so I suspect that my understanding is at least rudimentary. As for Democrats, I didn't mention them. I did mention Obama, who managed the 4th worth recovering in American history. That would be documented "history"

Biden will likely be worse over the course of his administration. Primarily because interest rates have to rise, based on economics as inflation is far over 2%, and when they do, bubbles will pop all over the economy. And that is not even counting the effects on the value of the dollar that these "Democrat" idiots are machinating today in their ludicrous borrowing for social programs.

All in all, you probably ought not to insult other people's intelligence, at least until you prove your own. That will likely be a while.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
IMO you will have a hard time selling machinery. Look up all the auctions in the country. Machines are going for pennies on the dollar. About 10 years ago, I bought a very low use mill for $200 with a bunch of tooling at an auction. The guy I was bidding against, was going to scrap it. It is very sad but manufacturing is a dying industry in this country.
Machinery is selling very well....just not the crap you can put in your garage, but we quit using that junk a long time ago, and I doubt you'd know a Takasawa ovularity turning machine from the Cat in the Hat, never mind what to do with it.

The wait times are in years.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Agreed. Yet my company produces products here in the USA that are competitive with any of the stolen technology junk made by slave wage labor overseas. We provide same day support and custom products in low volumes, try getting that from the competition, ain't happening.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Odd...virtually every owner of every plant that I know has the same problem, they can't find people. Almost 8 million jobs currently open in the US...and no one shows up to fill them.

And, oddities of oddities, manufacturing jobs were up quite nicely under Trump.

What changed in the past few months?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Agreed. Yet my company produces products here in the USA that are competitive with any of the stolen technology junk made by slave wage labor overseas. We provide same day support and custom products in low volumes, try getting that from the competition, ain't happening.
Isn't your company in Vermont or New Hampshire...or some other backwater State that only leftists want to live in?

What your company does has nothing to do with what the nation is doing. We still manufacture more than any nation on Earth.

China overtook us under Obama. Trump took it back.

Peking Joe will have us back to #2 in no time.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Yeah that's it it's all the football game.

·
Registered
2000 Mustang GT
243 Posts
Sure. Look at the growth of the Automotive Aftermarket from 1992 to 2008. SEMA has the numbers.

You will also note that the boom coincides, perfectly, with the availability of lower priced performance parts from China....which allowed an exponential growth in the number of people that could afford to participate.
You can get a lot of cheap parts now, that are 'pretty good'. However, it seems like with the increases in prices from raw materials, inflation, whatever, you're still spending the same amount!

Things like a Vortech supercharger kit are like $8,000 for a current model Mustang. I remember buying one 15 years ago for my 5.0 for closer to $2,000! That same kit is about $3,400 now.

Tires are priced out of this world now too.

·
Old timer
6,173 Posts
The Federal Reserve printing (digitizing) money has nothing to do with price increases?

$6,100,000,000,000 of proposed Federal government spending is nothing to worry about either.

Buy precious metal... "lead" and "brass"...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Rates are gonna stay flat to negative in real terms for a decade or 2, we've chosen to take the euro/japan route.

There will be no hyperinflation... just stagflation and low growth.
Vortech can TRY to charge 8k for newer kits... won't surprise me if they're gone by 2030 too.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Manufacturing dying in this country, means that this country itself is dying. A country cannot, and will not survive being only a service based economy. This country will be crushed by another country that produces. Power is a zero sum game, and voids will be filled.

101 - 120 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.