Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share my new Kenwood double DIN install and wired marine remote on the center console.

Originally I wanted to relocate the radio above the HVAC controls, because I hate reaching over the shifter all the time. Well the HVAC was a metal cross brace behind it, so I chose plan B and purchase a wired marine remote. Easy hookup to the blue remote wire normally used with steering wheel controls.

The remote was silver, so painted the bezel to match. It's mounted where the power mirror switch used to be. Now the mirror switch and an external USB port are in the ash tray location. I'll get a picture of that posted soon too because it came out pretty good.

The radio install required the removal of the metal brace across the tunnel. The mounting kit is store bought. This Kenwood unit is a cheap temporary model, until my good Kenwood DVD/Navigation unit in my other car is available for transplant.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Looks like the 502BT, which is actually a very nice piece for what it is. I have those in my board at work.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Actually it's a Kenwood eXcelon DPX792BH which isn't too bad for what it is. Mine is a refurb that I picked up for $134.

My daily driver Ford Fusion has a Kenwood eXcelon DNX9990HD DVD Navigation unit that I'll swap when I get a new car.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Yeah. Excelon stuff, is usually just 1 or maybe 2 added features, 4v pre-outs and longer warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts