Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
53,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a long winter up here. Decent weather finally has arrived. Been working on one of my SN95 Cobra projects this past winter. She fired right up after 6 months. I have so much time and effort in this car, have really "bonded" with it.
Most recent work was installing 2000 Cobra R Brembo brake kit and replica wheels. They look awesome. (To me anyway)
Still a few small details to finish up but for the most part she's ready for primetime.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I have a thing for the '94-'95 cars. Yours is a beauty. I like them clean. Shes begging for a Saleen wing.
Can you tell us about the engine?

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Administrator
53,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a thing for the '94-'95 cars. Yours is a beauty. I like them clean. Shes begging for a Saleen wing.
Can you tell us about the engine?
Thank you sir. The basics are 9.5 deck Dart SHP block, 446 CI, TFS 240 Highports. Blower is a Procharger F1a.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thank you sir. The basics are 9.5 deck Dart SHP block, 446 CI, TFS 240 Highports. Blower is a Procharger F1a.
Let me rephrase that for you.

“Thank you sir. The basics are a stack of cash, with another stack on top and some more cash sprinkled on top of that” lol

Same here, I got a think for sn95. Preferably white cobras with black interior, Saleen wing and some deep dish FR500 wheels. Nice car by the way!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
That sounds healthy! That would be the build that ended my marriage. Lol.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Meh...

Kidding, looks fantastic.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Do you have the GT rear brakes or Cobras?

I found though MM that you should have the rear cobra brakes, aside from proportional valve, and MC to gain back about 15-20% stopping power. It explains why it felt like I lost bite on fast emergency stops swapping to the Cobra R calipers (with GT rears). Otherwise work well, though one caliper's clear coat disintegrated from UV exposure over the years.

·
Administrator
53,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have the GT rear brakes or Cobras?

I found though MM that you should have the rear cobra brakes, aside from proportional valve, and MC to gain back about 15-20% stopping power. It explains why it felt like I lost bite on fast emergency stops swapping to the Cobra R calipers (with GT rears). Otherwise work well, though one caliper's clear coat disintegrated from UV exposure over the years.
My car is a Cobra and it already has them. Did you swap master cylinders also? I thought you are required to use the "COBRA" master cylinder/booster with the Cobra R Brembo kit?

·
Administrator
53,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought you needed to swap to Hydroboost to fully utilize the 2000 Cobra R Brembo kit?
Not sure where you are getting that from? This kit came out 21 years ago. I also have this kit on my other Cobra, installed it in 2001.
From the product details:
Fitment Notes
  • For use on 94-95 Mustang GT, a 1994 Cobra master cylinder is required.
  • May require larger wheels like M-1007-R189/R189C/F500/F500C.
  • Will NOT fit 17" SVE wheels.
  • SVE Series 2,3 S350s and 2000 R will fit.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Not sure where you are getting that from? This kit came out 21 years ago. I also have this kit on my other Cobra, installed it in 2001.
From the product details:
Fitment Notes
  • For use on 94-95 Mustang GT, a 1994 Cobra master cylinder is required.
  • May require larger wheels like M-1007-R189/R189C/F500/F500C.
  • Will NOT fit 17" SVE wheels.
  • SVE Series 2,3 S350s and 2000 R will fit.
2000 Cobra R’s had the hydro boost brake system 21 years ago.

I didn’t know the 94-95 Cobra brakes stock brake system could handle the Brembo’s. That’s what I have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts