Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the winter I faceplated my TKO 600 and was excited to make some passes this year. The problem I'm having now is that the engine wants to die as soon as I up-shift. I've tried a new TFI module and PIP sensor. Yesterday I datalogged the "Run Time" while it happened and it actually reset! The "Run Time" went from 700 some seconds to 1.3 seconds. The timing errors also reset! So the computer thinks the engine is turning off. Has anyone heard of this happening or know what could cause this? My battery voltage does drop to low 11s while shifting but the logging continues through the event so the computer is still on. It's a 30-1400.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This turned out to be the AEM! With the key on, engine off, I could lightly tap the EMS connector and the computer would reset and prime the fuel pump. I took it apart and found a broken trace between pin 20 (case ground) and pin 40 (power ground). I fixed that and it still happened. The board could move a little in the case so I put some styrofoam to keep the board from moving and it seems to have fixed the problem. Ugh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts