Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
F75E-6015-CA

The last picture shows the block part number or casting #. If no one else pops in and recognizes the number, call a parts department and ask what that block came in. The guts inside barely visible, look stock and untouched, likely it's an original short block.

F75E-6015-CA

Reactions: Fordjess

·
Registered
90 Posts
I googled this information for you 22 hours ago and told you it was an early 2000’s 4.6 L short block. Why are you asking again and not doing your diligence?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I googled this information for you 22 hours ago and told you it was an early 2000’s 4.6 L short block. Why are you asking again and not doing your diligence?
Not everyone knows what Ford part numbers look like, or how to research them etc. I know from looking at it the block was made in 1997 or not long after. It could have been in most 4.6 applications beginning in 1997. That doesn't really help to know enough, to sell it fairly. But it seems it may be a common short block, that's about all I could tell.

·
Registered
8,561 Posts
Casting date code looks to be at bottom of valley

9C03 I think?

mar 3, 1999

Like said sbove, it’s a 4.6L block with a early ‘99 build date.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

thank you all for the information, I do not know anything about all the numbers on the engine and I’m learning but when I put in all the numbers there was an overflow of so many different things and I have gotten some help from Mr Don on here and will begin cleaning and inventory and taking better pictures of the details on the parts and engine I have. I am very happy for the answers I’ve gotten in here and to me, a mechanic is a trade and you all who do this for a living or for fun those of you are very knowledgeable and I have respect for you all I just know after my husband past away his our shop I realized I knew nothing about the inside of my own truck and car., I can change the oil add fluids change the tire check this and that replace a battery but I did not learn how to be the auto doctor ! And I’m just trying to sell sometimes that’s left in the shop any help is very much appreciated and I know my questions may se silly or aggravating but I just simply have no clue on so much and before I try to sell anything I’d like to know what exactly everything is. It is a master skill for anyone who can just look at or work, fix, redesign an auto! I wish I had even took notes or learned how to do some of the stuff but I was a teacher and I just learned how to fix my tire if I was out and about! Anyways no disrespect to anyone at all I’m completely THANKFUL and am reading everything I can!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Same question in this post. It's yours. Engine identification please

Is english not your first language? Your sentence structure is not common. It's more like that of someone that speaks/writes english as a second language. It sounds like your husband passed away and had/has a collection of parts or had a business and you have items that you are trying to identify so you can sell them. Was he a member here? How did you come to know so little about the parts he had, but where clever enough to find this sight to use to figure out what is what. And now you say you are trying to sell the stuff. Forgive me if I am reading this wrong, but it all feels fishy to me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think she just accidentally double posted given these are both from the same day in the same forum.

I don't see anything majorly wrong with her writing? Don't be a dick.

Have you considered she knew the type of car her husband owned and most likely what the parts went to? This is kind of one of the more popular ones for a certain model if one were to google search...

·
Registered
8,561 Posts
I don’t see anything wrong with her posts. Just sounds like she isn’t familiar with forums that’s all.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Ditto, she's just not familiar with how forums work. She is trying to find out what her late husband's car/shop stuff is worth. I suggested this a great place to learn, so she can have better information to help hew decide the best way to liquidate those things.

Reactions: Fordjess

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well you
I’m sorry that post response may not been for myself on my engine either way I mean completely honest respect for the skills and knowledge of you all !
Well you knew enough that it was a Ford-based engine or you wouldn’t be here. All you had to do was enter in those letters and numbers with “Ford” in the search just as I did. I don’t know sh%t about sh%t but I can google.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I think she just accidentally double posted given these are both from the same day in the same forum.

I don't see anything majorly wrong with her writing? Don't be a dick.

Have you considered she knew the type of car her husband owned and most likely what the parts went to? This is kind of one of the more popular ones for a certain model if one were to google search...
A.) Not being a dick. I could be if I wanted, but I'm not.

B.) The grammar in the post is not what I would expect from an even half educated person living their life in the US. Hence my question about english as her first language. English as a second language would explain the grammar disconnect particularly if she immigrated here. There is nothing inherently wrong with it. It just doesn't fit, structurally, with our cultural norm. There are unusual word choices and uncommon sentence structure. That's all.

I will not apologize for feeling like there is a disconnect going on here. It doesn't totally add up. A little more info could clear up that feeling. With the rise of bad actors as of late, I feel justified to ask such questions. If I am wrong I will admit that, but so far I am skeptical. I'm giving the whole thing the benefit of my doubt, but questions still linger.

My initial take is she lost her husband (condolences). He had a business or stock of parts that she is trying to figure out value for so she can recover some mone from them. A smart path to follow. After that some yellow flags pop up to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts