Ford Mustang Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
70 Posts
I've thought about that, I've also wondered if there was any difference between using the 4cyl booster that it has or just swapping out to the 5.0 booster which has a smaller diameter if I'd have to change anything else, or if it's just a straight swap. I'd love to do the hydroboost deal but I just don't have the fundage for that set-up right now...

·
Registered
766 Posts
To the OP - when you say there is nothing you can think of, I'll give you a hint. Parts everywhere are going on backorder. Contact an engine builder and make a spreadsheet. Chances are they will not be supplying the fuel fittings, mounting hardware, wiring, or anything little part you see when you open the hood. Go from air filter fastener to exhaust gaskets.
To Mark - Had a good one today. Have a set of brand new Probe pistons sitting on the shelf. When I posted them for sale today 2 of 4 potential buyers said they are not worth as much because Probe is closed.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
To the OP - when you say there is nothing you can think of, I'll give you a hint. Parts everywhere are going on backorder. Contact an engine builder and make a spreadsheet. Chances are they will not be supplying the fuel fittings, mounting hardware, wiring, or anything little part you see when you open the hood. Go from air filter fastener to exhaust gaskets.
To Mark - Had a good one today. Have a set of brand new Probe pistons sitting on the shelf. When I posted them for sale today 2 of 4 potential buyers said they are not worth as much because Probe is closed.
Tell them that that makes them rare, therefore worth more. And....give them my phone number and tell me what the part number is. I'll quote them the current pricing. The new flat tops are 800.00us a set.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I just did all that stuff though, every bolt is polished arp 12pt. And I have my new fuel system already for the mew motor with all polished and black AN fittings. Wiring has all been tucked in fender wells and the only wiring you can see comes from alternator and coolant temp sensor at the moment. I hear what youre saying, its never over, and when the new motor goes in, I will be doing body work smoothing the fire wall, etc but thats not until the old motor comes out.

·
Registered
751 Posts
You said you're going to have Woody build a 363 for you, absolutely a great choice! I had asked earlier about the possibility of canted valve "Cleveland" style of heads on the motor, I have been wanting to do that type of build for a long time now. Some of the modern offerings like the CHI, or Higgins heads flow really well. Any thoughts, comments about doing that?

Jay

61 - 71 of 71 Posts