Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I need to line up a shop to build a long block for my 94 GT mustang. Specifics are taking my stock short block, check it out, do what needs to be done with it, and then, reassemble with new heads, cam, timing chain, gaskets, etc. I'm looking to do this sometime in October/November.

Thanks,

B

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Try giving Roy Paolo in Oregon City a call. He's a nice guy and runs a clean shop. I've seen a few nice SBFs come out of there.

Aldridge Motorsports is also pretty clean and organized, but I haven't really had him do any work yet for me. They build a lot of carbed engines, 429/460s and older FE stuff.

I checked out PER in portland and wasn't at all impressed at the pig sty of a mess they had there. The owner is a mustang guy and was actually proud to give me a tour of the cluttered place - I observed one worker there building a higher end stroker motor actually use a crappy band style ring compressor beating the pistons into the block :eek:

Schnell automotive in NE portland is ok. They did a great job on some P heads for me, but they are also messy and tend to be a little on the cranky side if you like to ask questions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'll check out all the above. I have no problem going across the border if the shop does good work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'll check out all the above. I have no problem going across the border if the shop does good work.
my buddy and i could do it, we tare in aloha area... we will be way cheaper... lmk, and u can come check out our builds....

Whatever u do, dont go to aldridge motorsports... the owner Denny is... Full of himself.... He tried to charge me $3500 for a set of $1600 AFRs lol, i was like WTF!

·
Registered
989 Posts
I built my Teksid 4.6 .020 over w/ MHS stage III heads ect. all the goodies. I'm a student at PCC 's Auto program about to graduate and take the ASE tests to be ASE master tech indorsed. But engine building is my first love. After graduation I plan on attending SAM (school of automotive machinists) I'm in Hillsboro and your welcome to come over and see the work i've done. I've had to many 302 5.0's to count and know my way around them up down and sideways. The real ? is what do you have in mind for this build and what kind of budget are you working with. Feel free to PM me even if just to chat and maybe meet up. Do you have a mustang now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts