Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Ford Fox Body Mustang GLX Convertible
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to go all in in my build and make a really clean engine bay. Any tips or metal fab that will help? Def going to paint engine bay car color. Also adding a strut tower brace.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The scott rod or lmr fender aprons are a must if you’re painting the bay. It’s nice to start with a clean slate

Reactions: 83verty

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,043 Posts
I'm looking to go all in in my build and make a really clean engine bay. Any tips or metal fab that will help? Def going to paint engine bay car color. Also adding a strut tower brace.
the only way i would ever do this is with a new harness and not some dry rotted factory one from the 80s or 90s. i couldn't believe how dry rotted my '90 harness was when i was removing it to install my pro-m setup.

you take that dry rotted harness (which has issues from the factory), move it around, and yes it looks better, but don't be surprised if you get some new electrical gremlins as a result.

·
Registered
1989 GT
988 Posts
the only way i would ever do this is with a new harness and not some dry rotted factory one from the 80s or 90s. i couldn't believe how dry rotted my '90 harness was when i was removing it to install my pro-m setup.

you take that dry rotted harness (which has issues from the factory), move it around, and yes it looks better, but don't be surprised if you get some new electrical gremlins as a result.
I’m using all new DEI rewrap on my wire tuck. All new harness seems over kill.

·
Registered
1983 Ford Fox Body Mustang GLX Convertible
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

If making a new harness would it be easier to have it all tucked in one of the front frame rails just above the k-member?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts