Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Hahahaha
private companies have a right to control the content on their site as you have a right to make a thread political for absolutely no reason. Hopefully this site starts to censor this nonsense.
It is my opinion. I am sorry (not really) that you "feel" that I am not allowed an opinion that does not fit your narrative so that you would want it censored. Lol.

Reactions: 65fasback

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I played with electric supercharging 20 yrs ago, couldn't make it work, mostly because I was in my late teens and didnt have the knowledge, or adequate parts for that matter. We used a large centrifugal blower fan originally used to pressurize liquid barrels. Mainly we couldn't spin it fast enough to produce adequate boost. Good job.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
It is my opinion. I am sorry (not really) that you "feel" that I am not allowed an opinion that does not fit your narrative so that you would want it censored. Lol.
Your unrelated political opinion in a thread about electric superchargers is a pretty self centered move.
go start a thread with Bubba.

·
Registered
507 Posts
To bad it is on YouTube. I don't use companies that actively engage in Censorship. I know you put a lot of work into it, just disappointed that you chose YouTube. There are other video hosting sites, but I realize that they would not get the traffic you are looking for.

We have the right to deny access to anyone we choose, for any reason we choose, period.

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT YOU PLEASE OR ACT LIKE YOU PLEASE!

You also do not have the right to harrass the owner of the website if you have been removed from access or have had your "free speech" removed from public view.

You are provided with this forum as a free service and are expected to abide by the rules you agreed to when you registered here. If you do not abide by them your access is subject to termination.
Corral actively engages in scary big-C "Censorship." Better stop using Corral, then.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Well, it's pretty incredible that you were able to fund an experiment like this. I've also thought of doing similar but never had the time/energy to put into such a project.

What's even better is that you were successful at it. Mostly we see a hard sell with vaporware results. But here not only do you post a concept, but you post actual results with no "hidden box" tricks. A man after my own heart - well done.

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
237 Posts
If corral starts taking a one-sided political approach to censorship here a bunch of us will be gone. Which is the complaint with places like YouTube. It’s one-sided. Tim and cougar will find it a pretty boring place in no time flat. It’s not censorship but rather the way it is applied. Nobody minds a thread getting cleaned up when it goes off topic. As long as people are allowed to add voice their opinions from each side in the proper form. I’m surprised this isn’t obvious to you.

Just look at how the NBA the NFL and now MLB have lost and are losing a ton of money for their owners. I doubt the corral is willing to alienate a large part of their members. The NBA stopped with all the BLM nonsense and names on the back of the jerseys. Cost them way too many viewers and way too much money. MLB is learning the same lesson.

The problem I always saw with an electronica driven blower is that as RPM increases you have to move a ton more air to maintain whatever boost pressure you’re looking for. I’m impressed this can be done on a 360+ cube performance V-8.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I was really hoping we'd stay out of argumentation (which is why I didn't respond to a couple of posts on the first page). But obviously, even after contacting the Canadian company that now owns the Corral, they seemed to feel that my countless hours of posting research and development weren't in their best interests to maintain (at the risk of sounding hubristic, I do believe that between my Eaton M112 thread and my Whipple thread, I probably hold the record for number of views of a member post, if not actual number of posts in a thread).

That's their choice, and frankly since they've taken control, this place has been dying a slow death. I can't tell them what to do, even if they're literally killing themselves. I've been an active member on here for almost 22 years at this point, and there are a great number of members that I have a lot of respect for and I genuinely wanted to share my findings with you all. If I was doing this exclusively for personal gain, I wouldn't have waited until I was over a year into development (and dozens of videos) to post things. Of course, there is a small personal gain element at play, but not much of one - between youtube, my amazon affiliate and Dragy affiliate accounts and patreon site I make enough money each month to pay my car insurance and cell phone bill. That's it. Using the Eaton and Whipple threads as evidence, I clearly mostly do this stuff because I love doing it and I love sharing it and interacting with like-minded people about the projects. It doesn't hurt that youtube is the world's second largest search engine - gives me the ability to reach a much larger audience ultimately (the growth has been slow, but definitely steady - when my dad passed away in Sept of 2020, I was making a whopping $27/month.)

Let's get back to electrified racin' - and here's a question, is the LTD now technically a hybrid?

Reactions: Cougar5.O

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
No. It still ony runs on one type of fuel.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Reactions: fasterthangas

·
Registered
388 Posts
Love the commentary too. Good work. Don't mind the filler music but I like it better when it's muted or at least turned down during the commentary.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have wondered for years when this would arrive with a DIY type deal. Best part of it, is this all happens
in an 80's Fox LTD. Have a blown/stroked 84 LTD myself, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I was reading that link and remembered a post about electrically assisted turbos. Looks OEM to meet European targets. Nice idea to be able to use a larger wheel assisted at low RPM, then boom! at higher RPMs.
Mercedes, Volkswagen, Volvo and BMW are already using them in current production vehicles. I like the concept.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Mercedes, Volkswagen, Volvo and BMW are already using them in current production vehicles. I like the concept.
I was not aware of that fact. My gut tells me there's a lot that can go wrong in such a device, but other than Volkswagen, the other companies would be unlikely to mess with unreliable ****.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Reactions: Cougar5.O
21 - 40 of 47 Posts