Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the group and need help with an early 85 that still has its original 2 pump fuel system. The low pressure pump in the tank went out and I just picked up a replacement pump for it today. Dimensional the same, it will strap to the stock hanger assembly (obsolete) except for a 3/4" inlet on the bottom instead of the original pumps 1/2".
Now here is where I need some help. The original strainer that went on the bottom measures 2" wide and 5 1/4" long and has to fit within a raised baffle in the tank (see photo). Before you point out that the tank is rusty, I will be tackling that next before reassembly. Is there anything available on the market that will get my 85 Comp Prep (1C) running again. Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
unless you are after a 100% restoration, ditch the dual pump setup, replace the tank with a new one, and stick a 86-93 110L/h (or more, I use a 190 but it's a 93, 2.3T swapped) pump and hanger in it. You'll have to retain your original sending unit, OR a new replacement sending unit which is specific to pre-86 cars (resistance is different than 87-93 and if swapped to the later sender, it won't work right...sits at like 1/2 tank when the tank's full, etc)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts