Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
From what I’ve read, the bias ply tires is better for stick. I beg to differ. I mean I cut a 1.74 on Nittos lol. I have gotten my burn out technique down. The line lock won’t hold me so now in hold the brake in sensor. And get em real sticky. Hopefully, all I have heard ed will help this tire move down the track better.

·
Registered
464 Posts
You just gotta figure out your launch rpm. Keep raising it until it spins then back down. U can also use your timing to for help.
With air pressure I run 16 -17 on radials.
How is the car launching is it raising squating? How is the track prep?

Use to do a burn out in second gear.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Okay guys. I have an update. So I ran the ET Street R’s again and this time I’m running the same as with my Nittos. The ET’s are the same 12.2, 12.2, 12.3 and 12.4 because my last run I left at like 5500 and blew em off. Here’s the thing though. The 60 foots still haven’t improved really. So my best on Nittos was 1.74. My best on Friday night, 1.795. The other three were all in the 1.8’s. So I’m getting the tires to work. 17-18 seemed to be the sweet spot. Now I’m playing with RPM. I’m still learning. I only have like 30 passes on this car. It’s squats nicely. I guess I just need seat time. I just have to keep playing with RPM and pressures. Abs keep a log book. My car is consistent as hell for a stick, so I’m happy about that. I want that damn 11.90 lol.

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,051 Posts
Okay guys. I have an update. So I ran the ET Street R’s again and this time I’m running the same as with my Nittos. The ET’s are the same 12.2, 12.2, 12.3 and 12.4 because my last run I left at like 5500 and blew em off. Here’s the thing though. The 60 foots still haven’t improved really. So my best on Nittos was 1.74. My best on Friday night, 1.795. The other three were all in the 1.8’s. So I’m getting the tires to work. 17-18 seemed to be the sweet spot. Now I’m playing with RPM. I’m still learning. I only have like 30 passes on this car. It’s squats nicely. I guess I just need seat time. I just have to keep playing with RPM and pressures. Abs keep a log book. My car is consistent as hell for a stick, so I’m happy about that. I want that damn 11.90 lol.
this is where a spotter and/or video and/or data logging can help lot as there's definitely room to improve

what does the car weight?

we know altitude is not a problem and you're plenty making power to run deep in the 11s (357/366 to the tire i'm assuming) so gotta look for dumb things that are slowing you down, and they always exist

Reactions: 92CoupeCaly

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
this is where a spotter and/or video and/or data logging can help lot as there's definitely room to improve

we know altitude is not a problem and you're plenty making power to run deep in the 11s (357/366 to the tire i'm assuming) so gotta look for dumb things that are slowing you down, and they always exist
Yeah. I bogged twice and two times I left too high and spun. I need to bring a spotter with me. One guy watched me launch and told me my tire did one full spin before I left. I think part of this is seat time too. I only have 30 passes on the car. And before that I hadn’t run in 20 years. I have a video of one of the passes. It’s a mini bog. Cut a 1.85. I have done way, way better than that . Of course, this page doesn’t allow for videos. I was think more high 11’s. I’m also running radials on a stick car and should probably be running bias ply. And sport tires up front. I need bias ply up front. Going to get a notebook and start data logging working on one data point at a time. Tire PSI set then launch RPM. This is driver issues. I’m getting better and better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Oh yeah car weighs 3095 with me in it.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
If you stick with trying to run radials long enough, eventually you will learn that your clutch is the key to making everything come together for a good ET.

Grant

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If you stick with trying to run radials long enough, eventually you will learn that your clutch is the key to making everything come together for a good ET.

Grant
Grant I get that. I do t want to add a slipper or a two step. Can I do it by myself with practice?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Your launch rpm and et are compromised due to too much clutch for the radials. Eventually you will likely try to minimize the problem by slipping the clutch with your foot, problem is it takes a lot of hit or miss "seat time" to be good at slipping the clutch manually. Puts a lot of wear/tear on the clutch when you screw up and slip it too long, and then even when you do get good at slipping the clutch with your foot, you still end up leaving some et and reaction time on the table.

Grant

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Your launch rpm and et are compromised due to too much clutch for the radials. Eventually you will likely try to minimize the problem by slipping the clutch with your foot, problem is it takes a lot of hit or miss "seat time" to be good at slipping the clutch manually. Puts a lot of wear/tear on the clutch when you screw up and slip it too long, and then even when you do get good at slipping the clutch with your foot, you still end up leaving some et and reaction time on the table.

Grant
And the clutch tamer helps this right?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
It allows you to do what you would ideally like to be able to accomplish with your left foot- near instant clutch pedal release into the heart of your combination's sweet spot zone so that the car leaves hard, then it keeps the pedal from blowing past that sweet spot zone until the car has gained enough speed to prevent a bog.

Grant

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
149 Posts
I cannot fathom why someone would not want to run a two step and launch wide-open throttle at a controlled RPM? After launching on a two step I’ve never looked back. Consistency is also much better.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts