Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
I have some Ford green-tops (42#) I need to get rid of at some point.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seems a little ridiculous to go straight to a deka 80 for what you are doing. Best thing to do is get an injector with published data for the sake of tuning. For your needs, I would go straight to Ford Racing's line of injectors... Published data. Affordable price. Consistent quality. Few "fakes" floating around. Readily available.

A favorite of mine is the LU47. On low fuel pressure it will do quite well for your n/a fox application. If you add a blower down the road, you can turn up the pressure and these can take you quite far on pump gas. As an example, my 2017 coyote car has those injectors on it with a roush blower. It runs at around 60-65 psi, and is supporting over 600 rear wheel horsepower on that setup.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Running high pressure is a bandaid and forces you to change the whole tune once you hit the wall with a smaller injector. 80's will run fine on the street and are good to about 1000hp boosted with gasoline.

Lets face it.. A lousy 350-375hp is not enough. We are in the golden age on BOOST. Get your long block together and go for it..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Stocks 19 lbs injectors are good for about 310 HP you only need to upgrade if youre making more than that.....

·
Registered
1989 GT
929 Posts
for anyone reading this, if you buy used injectors add in the cost of getting them cleaned. I’d never run used injectors without have new filters installed and having them cleaned.

their are a few injector companies who have a service and can actually upgrade Deka injectors to I believe up to 80

Recently went through this myself after having done the injector upgrade merry go round.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Running high pressure is a bandaid and forces you to change the whole tune once you hit the wall with a smaller injector. 80's will run fine on the street and are good to about 1000hp boosted with gasoline.

Lets face it.. A lousy 350-375hp is not enough. We are in the golden age on BOOST. Get your long block together and go for it..
I agree changing pressure AFTER tuning would cause a complete retune to be necessary. But if he goes from NA to boost, he will have to completely retune the car anyways, so I wouldn't be concerned with tuning the NA combo on 39 psi and turning up to 50-55 base when and if a moderate level of boost is added.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Seems a little ridiculous to go straight to a deka 80 for what you are doing. Best thing to do is get an injector with published data for the sake of tuning. For your needs, I would go straight to Ford Racing's line of injectors... Published data. Affordable price. Consistent quality. Few "fakes" floating around. Readily available.

A favorite of mine is the LU47. On low fuel pressure it will do quite well for your n/a fox application. If you add a blower down the road, you can turn up the pressure and these can take you quite far on pump gas. As an example, my 2017 coyote car has those injectors on it with a roush blower. It runs at around 60-65 psi, and is supporting over 600 rear wheel horsepower on that setup.
My method of thinking is: if you’re buying new, all good injectors are going to cost over $300. Why not just get a set of 80s, they’re basically the same price as 47s. Been there, done that. Never buying a new injector again that’s under a deka 80.

Reactions: thadude

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Deka 80# are fine

as I understand, they are used in ULEV vehicles so they will work fine at low pulsewidths. Plus later on they give you room to grow. Or if you totally change directions and can't use them for your new setup, you can sell them for a whole lot more $$ than stock ford injunktors like the Lightning 42#, etc.

only suggestion i have is to get them from a reputable source. There are a TON of knockoff's out there and most of them are garbage. You aren't getting 8 genuine Siemens-Deka 80# injectors for $100, IIRC mine were around $350.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts