Ford Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

Old timer
The 4 corner scales? I haven't. Those things cost way too much lol I just know its 3275 with me in it. Weighed it at NED a bunch this year and confirmed it at LVD. If I did weigh it on 4 corner scales what should I be looking for? I'm trying to schedule a dyno appointment and maybe the shop will have scales I can use.
We need to talk - off line - too much to discuss for prying eyes. ;)

#SecretSquirrelTime 馃槅馃槀馃ぃ:cool:

Reactions: superirish

Registered
Discussion Starter #82
We need to talk - off line - too much to discuss for prying eyes. ;)

#SecretSquirrelTime 馃槅馃槀馃ぃ:cool:
LOL Thanks. I put the Vikings in today and what a huge difference. My old Calvert single adjustable I think were on their way out. On the firmest setting, 9, I could still pull the shock out and compress it with my hands. On the Vikings 3 clicks and I couldnt move it anymore. These should help the axle from bouncing on the hit.

Registered
I just bought a set at sgmp this week. What a huge difference they are from the strange 10 ways. Those mofos get stiff!

Reactions: mikeymac

USAF retired
LOL Thanks. I put the Vikings in today and what a huge difference. My old Calvert single adjustable I think were on their way out. On the firmest setting, 9, I could still pull the shock out and compress it with my hands. On the Vikings 3 clicks and I couldnt move it anymore. These should help the axle from bouncing on the hit.
As long as it's not so stiff the slick sidewalls are the only moving part on the hit.

Registered
Discussion Starter #85
As long as it's not so stiff the slick sidewalls are the only moving part on the hit.
With them on 0 - 1 they move freely. Just a big difference from the Calverts I had as far as firmness. I wish I had more time in the season to dial them in. I'll get 1 day and then nothing until April.

Registered
Discussion Starter #86
Heading to the track Sunday. Have dyno pulls scheduled for next Thursday too.

Since w ehave cone way off topic.... what are all your thoughts on subframe connectors? Worth adding the weight at this power level?

Registered
Discussion Starter #88
Subframe connectors are always worth it. I would put them on with stock power
Do you believe there is ET to be had with them despite adding the weight? I'm thinking they have to be 75 lbs for my car. I'm trying to decide if they are worth it.

Registered
With that much weight they probably won鈥檛 help ET.
I hate adding weight to my car. The last thing I remember putting on was the QuickTime bellhousing. I then scraped off the sound deadening under the seats and hatch to get back to the old weight

Registered
75 lb subframe connectors??? Do they fill them with lead?

Registered
Discussion Starter #91
75 lb subframe connectors??? Do they fill them with lead?
I remember my fox ones were like 45 lbs like 25 years ago... these are much bigger so just a guess... 50 maybe?

Registered
Discussion Starter #92
Did not have a good day at the track. Trans issues prevented me from making many clean passes. I basically tested launching and feeling out the new shocks. The car seems to come out much smoother and feels nice but still slow. 1.66 was my best 60', saw .67 .68. 69 all day. 9 passes and only 3 where I could shift 2nd.. best pass was a 12.13 at 111.

Probably need to cancel the dyno this week and pull it apart for the winter.

Registered
Discussion Starter #93
Will the tyrants at NED allow someone to video at the starting line?

You need to be up close like this...

Do the coyote stock guys use hydraulic clutch or cable? I'm thinking about going hydraulic this winter...

Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX
I'm thinking about going hydraulic this winter...
why exactly?

your car is NOT a coyote stock, so find someone or group with falcons and see what they 60' and go from there.

your car was braking up on the top end when you first started this thread... have you fixed it? what was it?

personally, not a big factor but your burnout is very light given that its october in new england.

Old timer
Do the coyote stock guys use hydraulic clutch or cable? I'm thinking about going hydraulic this winter...
Run a cable system... even Mike Bowen's Maverick and the Canadian Thunderbird run the same cable system.

What's in the bellhousing does vary a bit. Some run the RAM with the adjustable stand-offs and others run a Fidenza with a six puck disc. We run a Black Magic in the Cobra.

You're going to need a few laps on the car to dial in the shocks. Keep that in mind.

Registered
Discussion Starter #96
Run a cable system... even Mike Bowen's Maverick and the Canadian Thunderbird run the same cable system.

What's in the bellhousing does vary a bit. Some run the RAM with the adjustable stand-offs and others run a Fidenza with a six puck disc. We run a Black Magic in the Cobra.

You're going to need a few laps on the car to dial in the shocks. Keep that in mind.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I have a cable now from Modern Driveline but I'm not a big fan of it.

I made 9 launches yesterday and started the shock on the middle of vikings range C-2 R-7. I only made one change to the shocks mid-day to the firmer range per Viking C-4 R-10 just to get a feel. I'm sure come April when the track opens I will be starting from scratch again lol. It did feel a lot smoother.

Registered
Discussion Starter #97
why exactly?

your car is NOT a coyote stock, so find someone or group with falcons and see what they 60' and go from there.

your car was braking up on the top end when you first started this thread... have you fixed it? what was it?

personally, not a big factor but your burnout is very light given that its october in new england.
I had no idea it wasn't a coyote stock! Thanks for clearing it up. :) The coyote stock guys are the top of heap when it comes to stick car drag racing in my opinion. I was wondering what they use. I have heard, I think in a Cale Aronson podcast, that cable was preferred over hydraulic. Just wanted to confirm that. I currently have a cable system I'm not fond of and since the tranny is coming out I was doing research if I should swap it during the long winter.

Breaking up was just running out of gas. It ran out of gas the next pass and was towed back to the pit. Hasn't done it since. New sending unit went in last month and the gauge is way off now. .

I could honestly do no burnout and still bog lol

Reactions: Ed Curtis

Registered
Nice car! Honestly, all you need is a mineshaft air day and a good launch and you'll go high 11's as is.

Reactions: mikeymac

Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX
the air doesn't get any better than NED in october, although track prep is hit or miss

he's been at this same problem for two years now...

first it was a motorsport cobra clutch, and 27x11.5x15 hoosier slicks

and now some fancy clutch, and 26x10x15 stiff wall slicks

Registered
I've always run my best times in early spring or late fall - like high 40's, low 50's temps. Getting these low-power cars (under 1,000 rwhp) to hook and leave should be easy, but a dry, 50* day will pick up at least a tenth over a moderately humid, high 60 degree day. Water grains are key.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts