Ford Mustang Forums banner

Coupe Exterior Quarter Windows

13K views 60 replies 18 participants last post by  CDW6212R 
#1 ·
Well while removing the headliner I saw how easy the quarter windows removed to I am going to get them remanufactured with new butyl rubber (?).

Always hated the nasty cracked seals outside these windows. Can you say “Sandpaper finish?” Lol. Horrible eyesore.

www.foxresto.com

I’ll post pics of their condition upon their return.

Attachments

See less See more
#37 ·
Apparently Scott drake makes the hatch windows that do not say mustang on the glass. I saw a set and was unimpressed with the rubber, but the price is under 400.

I do not know what the pricing for Daniel Carpenter coupe quarter windows will be. Before I bought my set I wanted to make sure I wasn’t paying too much and they (DC) told me price is set by the seller and advised me that they have 10 sets that will be going to LMR in a few days. I called LMR and they would not tell me pricing.

Apparently, at least 3 sets showed up last weekend at Ford Carlisle for $600. My set is from that batch. Hopefully that will be the price, but I doubt it.

#40 ·
#43 ·
Ledsled Coupe,

Been about 8 months and wanted to see if you are still satisfied with the job Fox Resto did on the 1/4 windows. I am about to ship a set to them but wanted to get your input before I boxed them up. This is my spare set a buddy gave me when he pulled the ones out of his race car so I still have the original ones in my '93 Coupe. I emailed Fox Resto and they said they are going up in cost in 6 weeks so that moved me to cleaning the spares up last night (removed the tint and glue and the black butal and residue from the frames) as per their instructions.

#46 ·
There a specific link to get on the list? or just send a general email?

Does starting condition of the window make a big deal in the finished product? I have a second set of windows i'd lke to send in, but the moldings on my car are slightly better. Wondering if it's worth it to swap windows and send in the better ones, or they can make magic happen with a really bad set of windows moldings.

#49 ·
There a specific link to get on the list? or just send a general email?

Does starting condition of the window make a big deal in the finished product? I have a second set of windows i'd lke to send in, but the moldings on my car are slightly better. Wondering if it's worth it to swap windows and send in the better ones, or they can make magic happen with a really bad set of windows moldings.
I just sent a general email via the Contact Us link on their website.

#47 ·
From the website
"1. You ship us your existing windows (see directions below). It doesn't matter what condition they are in, as long as you are satisfied with the way the glass itself looks. Note: You must remove any window tint, window tint adhesive and butyl (black gooey adhesive used for window installation) before you send your windows in, otherwise there is an additional charge of $50 per pair for tint (this includes the adhesive or fee will apply) and $50 per pair for butyl.

#53 ·
Just got word my Coupe windows got there yesterday. $599 for the restoration and $49 for the installation kit as I opted to not have the glass polished. Cost is going up to $899 come the first of March so if you are thinking about this you may want to get them shipped. This is the box I used as Jennifer at Fox Resto said several sets had been shipped to them using it:

They recommend shipping it with the studs facing out but I shipped min with the studs facing in. I used a 1-1/2" medium density foam board between them and then wrapped them up in two layers of 1/4" bubble wrap with (2) 12" x 12" pieces added to the highest point of the glass so it had extra protection. I then used the left over foam board cut up in 1-1/2" strips and filled the voids in the box. Shipped via FedEx and they put "fragile" stickers on it and "this way up" arrows on the box so that they would be transported up and down and not flat.

This was a spare set of quarter windows I had so I only insured for $350 as that seems to be the going rate for a set with good glass and crappy trim. I will not be installing the new ones until May or when it warms up to into the low 80's as I just don't want to fight the cold in the evenings.

#56 ·
Major businesses that ship a lot will buy a policy that covers shipping of related items. So no insurance is bought through the shipper, the policy just requires proper documentation for each item.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe
#59 ·
You have to ship them a set as stated in the thread.

#61 ·
Do check on their turn around times. Given the flu affects, many things are delayed a lot still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.