Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about changing over to a turbo?Want to buy C G Fabrication turbo hot side kit.Anybody out there have done this set up?Looking at the fit and finish,exhaust routing etc.Pictures if anybody have used this hot side kit.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I was just thinking of this last night. Supercharger kits are hard to find. Already have a turbo mustang and wanted to do my lightning also. Cg fab is located in my city just never have time to stop by and ask if they fit. Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
408 Posts
If there kit is for a foxbody, it won't work without a bunch of modification. You would think with our engine bay, it would be easy, but trust me it isn't. I have a Silverstate motorsports turbo kit, and the turbo is driver side mount and the x-over is around back of the oil pan. Merge on drivers side. basically the opposite of most turbo kits. CG's stuff is nice, maybe you could drop the truck off to them and have them custom build one.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I thought about dropping off the truck but won't be till next year after I finish the mustang. You got any pictures of your lightning with turbo? I am interested in seeing it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Here's a couple

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Another one

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
That looks great. I'm guessing you had to switch to mass air flow?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I was mass air when N/A and nitrous. The truck already had a FMS mass air swap. With my current turbo combo I run a FAST system.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Got the truck out friday night and just missed my first 10's pass. Went 11.12 @ 122.20. First outing with new Punisher trans and Circle D billet 3500 converter.

·
Registered
594 Posts
If I ever mod this truck more than it already has been then I'll going with a fast system also. I love the older cars/trucks. But pain in the ass swaping to maf or other systems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking at the CG website they have a turbo hot side that would fit my 2003 Harley truck with no mods for my 5.4 engine.This is exactly what I have been searching for.The only thing it says to remove is the fan shroud as that will be in the way of where the turbo would be fitted.I might give this a shot in the future?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts