Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey need some cam advice. Im doing a build that I have mostly planned out but im not sure what cam is already there so ill be pulling it this week. Im asking for cams that will give me the best Performance/HP for the $$ (dont wanna break the bank) i put what I have/plan on putting in the build below.

92 302 roller motor .30 over to 306 forged pistons. Aluminum GT40Y heads (i know there not great) ill be putting 1.6 scorpion roller rockers in. It has Victor JR intake with a holley 650cfm carb with a proform center and QFT vacuum secondary and a sniper plate 150shot of nitrous wet. msd 16al ignition.

I know i may need to change out the lifters and rods so any info on that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Go with a custom cam. It will be the best money you spend on the entire build and they are typically the same price to slightly more than a decent off the shelf piece.

·
Registered
484 Posts
FTI-1087-V3 is the new part number from flowtech for the reintroduced old school wolverine 1087 cam they are making. This is the cam for your set up.
Nuff said

·
Registered
483 Posts
There are better cams than the 1087 reboot. The duration at .050 are about right on the 1087 but the ramps are a little lazy and the lift a little low by modern standards.

If you want expert advice buy a custom cam from Ed Curtis at FTI.

I can't give you a recommendation on a shelf cam because in a couple minutes of looking I didn't see anything that jumped out as me or being dead on right for what you are looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts