Ford Mustang Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thermostat will not change anything :) but let us know after you figure that out let us know. You could just remove the tstat to prove that to yourself. it would open instantly and you would be in the same boat. Free and easy test ha :)

One thing my custom radiator builder recommended and I did was drill 2-3 holes in the Tstat (which allows the air to not be trapped under it and allows it to slightly flow sooner then the 180t stat would). Ive seen no issues from that. Just throwing it out there.

My other buddy runs an air to water intercooler (fans attached but not running yet) with a certain mix of fluids and hes getting excellent IATs.

·
Registered
287 Posts
So, Your right and a reputable company like Kenne Bell is wrong.
Anyway, we will see. I'm going to go with Kenne Bell and their recommendations.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I highly doubt kenne bell is wrong. I think your interpretation of what they are saying is likely wrong.

Thermostats are very basic function of cars for decades. it does one thing "opens" it doesn't cool at all, it sends your coolant through your cooling system. We run lower temp tstats to get fluid into our cooling system sooner but as I said and indy2000 (along with every post/data on this subject for decades). I run a 180. tstats have a purpose but its not to lower your coolant temps. Its to allow your cooling system access to cool the car sooner. It doesnt allow your car to cool more then it can. You would have to had a fan and rads to match heat dissipation needed.

No worries. good luck with getting there! Enjoy the car ha

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ummm......assuming the radiator (and fans, obviously) have the capacity to lower the temperatures a lower temp thermostat that is actually opening at lower temps to allow the coolant in to the radiator at a lower temp will absolutely bring coolant temperatures down. Anyway, I'm out.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts